Hide
3 Posts

Power Grid: Factory Manager» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seasonal workers used for bid cannot be retained? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Chow
msg tools
The rule of phase 3 says that if I do not want to retain seasonal worker, I have to put it back to general supply. However, when it talks about seasonal worker that is used for bid, it says that the worker has to be put back to general supply without mentioning my intention to retain it or not.

So, is it mandatory to put the seasonal worker back to general supply if it has been used for bidding order tiles?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wap Paw
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am also confused about the exact timing of the seasonal workers' leaving.

On the turn AFTER they were hired and when they are not retained, can you use them to buy a tile ? I guess not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Seasonal workers are hired during phase 3 after all the other workers have been used (in other words after all the factory tiles have been bought or torn down).

They are then available for use until the same point next turn, at which point you can either pay for them again or let them go.

This means that immediately after paying for seasonal workers they be placed in the canteen and used to operate the factory. They are still available in the next turn and can be used to bid for turn order, to select tiles while preparing the market and finally to build or teardown tiles just like normal workers.

At this point we are back at the end of phase 3 and if you want to keep using the seasonal workers you have to pay for them again.

Basically you get to keep a seasonal worker for an entire turn and can be used like any other worker all through that turn. The only complicated thing is that this turn consists of phase 4 and 5 of one turn and phases 1 to 3 of the next.

Note that the rule about seasonal workers used for bidding on turn order returning immediately seems unnecessary to me. Like any other worker that is used for bidding they can't be used to prepare the market, build or tear down machines. At that point they would be returned anyway if you don't pay for them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.