Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play faction pure at my FLGS. Our Collective OP will be faction pure on each ship, but the ships need not be of the same faction. Independent flagships make the ship thus augmented a dual faction ship which can use its own faction as well as any independent faction cards.

My build:

List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Dominion) (10)

Romulan Bird of Prey (16)
Romulan Captain (0)
N'Vek (2)
Varel (10)
Ship SP: 28

2nd Division Cruiser (34)
Weyoun (4)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Amat'Igan (3)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Ship SP: 51

Total Build SP: 89

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

The Independent Flagship gives a talent so Weyoun can have Superior Intellect. I needed either a Romulan ship with no shields plus a crew slot (no such ship), or a ship with at least two crew slots, so that I can use N'Vek to disable them, and still have Varel on board. The cheapest ship was
a Romulan Bird of prey.

In the first round, the bird of prey uses N'Vek to disable all shields in order to get an additional +1 attack dice that round.

The battle cruiser in the same round can now use Superior Intellect to grab Varel off the Bird of prey. Voila! Faction pure build, with Attack Negation.

I used the Battle Cruiser because of all the Dominion ships that aren't bricks, this one has the best firepower.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Can anyone thing of another way to make a faction pure build that has one ship negating attacks?

Curious.

DANVAN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its worth pointing out that cloaking disables shields and doesn't require you to raise them when you decloaked, but that would delay your switch until round two, but if you could put up with that then it would save you some points.

Something like this costs 20pts
Science Vessel
Romulan captain
Varel
Interphase generator

First turn the science ship cloaks, it decloaks in the end phase but doesn't raise its shields.

Then in t2 the Battle cruiser intellects Varel and goes on it's merry way, allowing the science ship to cloak again and use the interphase generator to stay alive as long as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiney_Norman wrote:
Its worth pointing out that cloaking disables shields and doesn't require you to raise them when you decloaked, but that would delay your switch until round two, but if you could put up with that then it would save you some points.

Something like this costs 20pts
Science Vessel
Romulan captain
Varel
Interphase generator

First turn the science ship cloaks, it decloaks in the end phase but doesn't raise its shields.

Then in t2 the Battle cruiser intellects Varel and goes on it's merry way, allowing the science ship to cloak again and use the interphase generator to stay alive as long as possible.

That was my original plan actually (less the Interphase generator) - to use a RSV with a no name captain and Varel, cloak then de-cloak, and in round two I would be good to go, I could even toss on some Cloaked mines to make the ship less of a throw away, all for 20 points.

(My original build)

Resource: Flagship Independent (Dominion) (10)

Romulan Science Vessel (12)
Romulan Captain (0)
Varel (5)
Cloaked Mines (3)
Ship SP: 20

Weyoun (4)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Amat'Igan (3)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Phased Polaron Beam (5)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 60

Total Build SP: 90

Then I thought, what would I have to do to get the negation in the first round?

I still wonder if there is another way to do this, but I am thinking that this is the only Faction pure way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they ruled that mines couldn't be used in OP2 because they are a means of damaging your opponents ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiney_Norman wrote:
I thought they ruled that mines couldn't be used in OP2 because they are a means of damaging your opponents ship.
yeah this was put together before that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Martok8/KBP/PSF will absolutely ruin that build. The Klingon's just go ahead and disable everything you have on the first turn that your battlecruiser will be under fire.

It's the most impressive attack cancelling ship pure fleet i've seen though.

And he's right, mines aren't allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
Martok8/KBP/PSF will absolutely ruin that build. The Klingon's just go ahead and disable everything you have on the first turn that your battlecruiser will be under fire.

It's the most impressive attack cancelling ship pure fleet i've seen though.

And he's right, mines aren't allowed.

I think a more wise Klingon would wait until the fire was a little more substantial before springing that trick.

The Cube is likely throwing only five dice the first round the cruiser is under fire. That won't kill the cruiser, nor will it hinder Weyoun on round two, since he won't be disabled. He can use an action to enable Varel next turn, then when he is fired upon, he can be discarded to negate the attack, Weyoun can disabled to negate the discard, and next turn instead use action to enable Weyoun.

To be a genuine threat you'd need two PSFs in two rounds, preferably later rounds when there are less ships.

Just saying. I play Klingons usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight modification:

Resource: Flagship Independent (Klingon) (10)

Varel (10)
N'Vek (2)

Weyoun (4)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Breen Aide (2)
Shroud (1)

Cancelling the only thing that'll ever attack you means that Breen Aide is better than Amat'Igan, which in turn means that Indy Klingon is better than Indy Dominion. On the whole, though, this build is hilarious and I'm stealing it for OP2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I love playing with a bunch of Faction Anarchists. That means I can cut straight to the Weyoun/Varel shenanigans and eliminate the middle man.

I have a 75 point Gal Gath'thong that I might pull out for Collective OP 3. It seems like messing with the other guy during #3 will make victory that much harder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Slight modification:

Varel (10)
N'Vek (2)

Weyoun (4)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Breen Aide (2)
Shroud (1)

Cancelling the only thing that'll ever attack you means that Breen Aide is better than Amat'Igan, which in turn means that Indy Klingon is better than Indy Dominion. On the whole, though, this build is hilarious and I'm stealing it for OP2.

I like the way you think sir.

The only thing I would change is I would opt for an Antiproton scan, since I am using the scan anyway - I may as well get another attack dice out of it, even if that means dropping the conversion - I can still get an extra defence dice for the deal - just to play it save. Three dice is better than two if/when you need them...

Weyoun (4)
Flagship (0)
Superior Intellect (5)
Breen Aide (2)
Amat'Igan (3)
Antiproton Scan (4)
Ship SP: 52

Romulan Captain (0)
N'Vek (2)
Varel (10)

Total Build SP: 90

I should give it a name: The Wey-outs (thank you Flintstones for shaping my childhood).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.