Popular Tags: a-voir [+] [View All]
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
My first entry into this foray is a game with standard dice:

"Rocket Dice" or "Rocket Race" [UPDATE: name changed to Rocket Rollers] is my idea/theme that I'm working with.
I have about 2-3 different ideas that I'm refining. One idea is much bigger than this contest and could be a fun push-your-luck expansion, but we'll save that for later. For now, I'll journal my route for this specific contest which will try to refine some ideas.

My first and second attempt were about trying to combine worker placement with dice accumulation:

I thought this led to TOO much dice in play after a few rounds, and thus unrealistic for a PnP, unless you are one of those people like me with 20+ extra d6 dice lying around.

So my third attempt was attempting to build dice "rockets", one atop another, and could be used for rapid round refresh and point accumulation race:

I am attempting to refine this idea as it seems I can work with 6-7 dice per player which seems realistic.

So ultimately, I am trying to create a push-your-luck/race dice game that involves building rockets. I have a couple other tricks up my sleeve, so if I can allocate enough time from my daily life, I may be able to get this done!
Mission control, fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Rivalry Week! The Territorial Cup, The Apple Cup, The Egg Bowl, Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rocket Dice / Rocket Race: BGG Dice PnP Contest 2014
I like that third attempt. Very interested with what you do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Rocket Dice / Rocket Race: BGG Dice PnP Contest 2014
Managed to test this with 2 & 3 players and it works! Well, erm, I had to make some rule changes after finding some cracks. Does not work with 4.
Refining the graphics:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I've completed my entry, and renamed it "Rocket Rollers". It can be found here:
http://adam.piettes.com/rocketrollers/

I guess I'll add in a little blurb about why I chose to make arrows that direct movement compared to the static version. I thought the static version did not allow as much competition for the spaces, therefore, little interaction with other players. The movement of dice frees up the old spaces, allowing the other players to access those spaces, creating a more dynamic playing field. The different paths also create choices, depending how the dice are rolling for a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.