Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to make sure that I am playing the game right.

Q1. There are certain cards that provide extra explore in the game. However, I would like to know how it is possible to use our Weapon. From the rulebook,it is said that you can only use a Weapon once but is it once per exploration or once per turn.

Q2. In addition, if I have an additional explore, can any surplus value of my Ammo card be carried forward for the subsequent exploration. For example, I have an Ammo card of 30 and my weapon that i used for my first exploration only require 10 Ammo to deal a 10 damage to destroy a monster, can I still use the remaining 20 Ammo for my second exploration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy.

Q1;
You can only use a weapon once per turn.
If you have several weapons in your hand, it is up to you if you
use that extra explore to draw a second Mansion card, in which you
can use all of those weapons, or if you use some of them at two distinct
Mansion card draws.

Q2;
No. You can however, still make a buy action with it.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can use your explore and the extra explore to explore two cards at the same time, but you will have to fight both monsters as one by adding up their fight values (see page 18, subsection "Extra Explore" of the Resident Evil rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:
Q1. There are certain cards that provide extra explore in the game. However, I would like to know how it is possible to use our Weapon. From the rulebook,it is said that you can only use a Weapon once but is it once per exploration or once per turn.

As has been mentioned, if you have 2 explores and use them to flip 2 cards in one go, that only counts as one use of a Weapon. So with 2 Six Shooters (50 dmg each), you can either play them together, flip 1-2 cards while dealing 100 dmg OR play a Six Shooter, flip a card while dealing 50 dmg, play another Six Shooter, flip a card while dealing 50 dmg.

Quote:
Q2. In addition, if I have an additional explore, can any surplus value of my Ammo card be carried forward for the subsequent exploration. For example, I have an Ammo card of 30 and my weapon that i used for my first exploration only require 10 Ammo to deal a 10 damage to destroy a monster, can I still use the remaining 20 Ammo for my second exploration?

Yes, ammo remains in a pool until the end of the turn:

"Remember that Gold and
Ammo are a total that disappears at the end of the turn,
so using all of your Ammunition is usually a good idea." (Mercenaries, p. 8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Sölvefjord
Sweden
Skövde
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lords, you're right!

That should make my exploring a tad more convenient.

Dam the Man wrote:

Yes, ammo remains in a pool until the end of the turn:

"Remember that Gold and
Ammo are a total that disappears at the end of the turn,
so using all of your Ammunition is usually a good idea." (Mercenaries, p. 8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear's a scenario that I'm still unclear on.

I ran across this on a recent play.

I had Alliance Chris Redfield (Lvl2) and drew 2 pump-action shot guns and I chose to use both in tandem to explore the mansion.

Do the extra explores stack?

So in essence, aside from my default 1xExplore, each pump-action shotgun gains me an extra 1xExplore which means that I could flip 3 mansion cards (if I felt lucky enough)?

My guess is that my assumption is correct, just wanted to get some clarification on that.

If I am correct, I guess another strategy would have been to use one pump-action shotgun for 1xExplore. Resolve it, then use the extra explore from the first pump-action shotgun to explore again, but this time flip 2 cards because iof this second pump-action shotguns 1xExplore? (Assuming I had enough Ammo to do so, because if I recall, only my first weapon would have benefited from the -20 ammo bonus gained from Chris. I forget the exact wording of his ability so I could be wrong, but that's a whole other question for another time.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpidermanGeek wrote:
Do the extra explores stack?

Yes, +Explores stack regardless of source.

Quote:
So in essence, aside from my default 1xExplore, each pump-action shotgun gains me an extra 1xExplore which means that I could flip 3 mansion cards (if I felt lucky enough)?

Yes, especially if you have say Rocket Launcher in addition, it could a monster scoring turn (or you'd flip 3 1-Decoration Infected and be the laughing stock of the table ).

Quote:
If I am correct, I guess another strategy would have been to use one pump-action shotgun for 1xExplore. Resolve it, then use the extra explore from the first pump-action shotgun to explore again, but this time flip 2 cards because iof this second pump-action shotguns 1xExplore? (Assuming I had enough Ammo to do so, because if I recall, only my first weapon would have benefited from the -20 ammo bonus gained from Chris. I forget the exact wording of his ability so I could be wrong, but that's a whole other question for another time.)

Pre-empting your last point first, looking at Chris's card, don't see any limitation, it'll trigger each time he explores with 1 Weapon/1 Weapon type. Splitting your Explores in this case, you'd go in with 0 ammo required for both Shotties (-40 ammo total req) and 25 dmg each, likely only flipping a single card regardless of the number of Explores you have. Doing them in one go, you'd need 40 ammo (40 base, -20 for lvl 2 ability) and would be doing 50 dmg, based on the first card flipped (20 or less Health Infected), solid bet for two flips, three if you get an Event or Token among the first two cards.

Especially if you used, say Deadly Aim, during the turn, you'd be much better off doing the Explores together (35 dmg, then 35 dmg vs 1-3 flips at 70 dmg). Premier mansion for example, is loaded with 40 Health Infected, so your split Explores would more than likely see you take damage, while 70 dmg is enough to kill anything you flip other than the Uroboros Aheri.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.