Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wife and I were doing some spring cleaning.. The house was quiet too quiet.. You know something is up when you have two Kiddos (12 yo son and 5 y/o daughter) and they are being quiet. So I went to check on them and I saw my son rolling dice with my daughter. I asked him what he was doing and he said look dad I made a board game up..

I was really impressed. He asked if he could use the paper cutter tomorrow and add cards. interested to see where he takes this..

YAY! THAT'S SO COOL!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He really needs to Let It Go

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they want to build a snowman? (I couldn't help myself either).devil

That your kids are creative and resourceful is a great sign. Kudos to you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am going to Bust out some photoshop skills and help him make something ICE.. I mean NICE.. sorry could not help it.. will keep you guys posted with what every they come up with..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your child made a game and you still have to criticize its lack of player agency and modern game mechanics?!

Delete that bit of your post and just say "YAY! THAT'S SO COOL!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's a roll and move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes for right now the mechanics are very simple.. Roll and move one a roll of 1-2 you move forward 1 space.. on a roll of 3 you move back one space (I dont know why perhaps he just hates the number 3)on a 4-6 you move two spaces forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sat with my son and we are working on a game board. I think we are going to try and make something nice for to surprise his sister. I did a few print and play games and they came out nice so once its nice and he works out the game mechanics (I dont want to take over the project so I am letting him do all the main stuff) I will post up the finished project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you're letting him take the lead. You should probably let him do the main artwork as well, then scan and move as needed.

Kids are fonts of creativity...although they need to be focused a little sometimes.

Keep going with the updates!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.