Nathanael Green
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Paul Klee, "Tod und Feuer" (1940)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a bit of new information regarding Wave 5 in Games Trade Magazine - http://www.gametrademagazine.com/Home/1/1/58/581

Here's what's new -

- Debris clouds "stress any ship that flies through them but don’t prevent overlapping ships from firing during the Combat phase."

- A new VT-49 pilot, "Captain Oicunn damages enemy ships when he crashes into them, and when his Decimator is equipped with the Dauntless Title upgrade, such collisions may not even cost him the ability to perform an action."

- Also, we now have pictures of the ships in-box for the first time. The VT-49 seems like it will come in a box that's slightly larger than the boxes of other large ships.

I didn't see this posted anywhere on BGG yet, so I figured I'd go ahead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting. Hopefully someone will have the print version soon, which seems like it usually has a few actual card images in addition to the text. I'm getting excited for this release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting, especially the VT damaging ships when they crash into them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:

Interesting that the title says 'may not lose an action'... hmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

Sounds like an anti-action denial card. Sort of like Dash Rendar's "ignore asteroids" ability. This would be an "ignore collisions" ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

Sounds like an anti-action denial card. Sort of like Dash Rendar's "ignore asteroids" ability. This would be an "ignore collisions" ability.

Ah Yes! How simple as to keep the wording consistent. I was thinking it didn't always work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

Ah Yes! How simple as to keep the wording consistent. I was thinking it didn't always work.

The way it's worded, it DOES sort of sound like it isn't a sure thing. Maybe 'If you collide with an enemy ship, roll an evade dice. On a [evade] result, you do not lose your action' sort of thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

Guess there's going to be a roll to see if action is lost or not. I like that the respective debris fields are of opposing faction ships, nice touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Thisson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This sounds friggin' awesome: "RAMMING SPEED!"

http://youtu.be/WXh1tW16V-8?t=1m48s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowpers wrote:
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:

Guess there's going to be a roll to see if action is lost or not. I like that the respective debris fields are of opposing faction ships, nice touch.

I wouldn't read too much into the GTM article text for trying to extrapolate rules language. It is deliberately nonspecific and more about getting retailers excited than spoiling specific information to players. I don't think this means much either way as to whether the ability will work ever time or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into the GTM article text for trying to extrapolate rules language. It is deliberately nonspecific and more about getting retailers excited than spoiling specific information to players. I don't think this means much either way as to whether the ability will work ever time or not.
Aw, cmon. Can't we just mindlessly speculate a little longer? Do we have to stop now? I'm not even tired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems, that Dash Renadar as a crew member and "Stay on Target" (BTW now confirmed) were designed by the champs. Can someone capture them and interrogate them? I WANNA KNOW NOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOELANDER wrote:
So it seems, that Dash Renadar as a crew member and "Stay on Target" (BTW now confirmed) were designed by the champs. Can someone capture them and interrogate them? I WANNA KNOW NOW!

I've seen Paul comment on these forums before... Doug and Paul I've seen at teamcovenant.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
MOELANDER wrote:

I've seen Paul comment on these forums before... Doug and Paul I've seen at teamcovenant.com

Great, now all we need is duct tape, 50 meters of hemp rope, a bucket of champagne, a bucket of fish innards, a swiss army knife and some gum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting excited about the VT (even though it has a turret...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.