Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Freitas
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Artifacts" rules session seem to be clear that you first play an artifact (place it in front of a Holy Place), then, from now on, use it (rotate it to trigger its action), but it's not clear that this "use" can only be made during the Play Cards phase. I think this restriction applies, because:

From the rules session "Phase 2: Play Cards":
Quote:
There are five different card types, which may be used in different ways and played in any order.

I noticed the "used" right there.

Otherwise you could counter the Flamingo by choosing to skip Play phase and still use the artifacts during your turn, or even use them before the Draw Phase, if there isn't a phase restriction.

I just need a confirmation on this thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorigor wrote:
The "Artifacts" rules session seem to be clear that you first play an artifact (place it in front of a Holy Place), then, from now on, use it (rotate it to trigger its action), but it's not clear that this "use" can only be made during the Play Cards phase. I think this restriction applies, because:

From the rules session "Phase 2: Play Cards":
Quote:
There are five different card types, which may be used in different ways and played in any order.

I noticed the "used" right there.

Otherwise you could counter the Flamingo by choosing to skip Play phase and still use the artifacts during your turn, or even use them before the Draw Phase, if there isn't a phase restriction.

I just need a confirmation on this thoughts.

Been a bit since I played but I think there's only 2 phases.
1. Draw a card (optional)
2. Play Cards.

Regardless if you draw a card or skipped it and went into #2 - you could rotate an artifact that you already had played on a previous turn (typically 1 action point) or play a new artifact card (typically 1 action point) then immediate rotate it (again, typically for another action point)

So to summarize
Quote:
it's not clear that this "use" can only be made during the Play Cards phase

Yes, only during the play card phase because the only other phase is (optionally) drawing a card. Once you begin spending your auctions, you can no longer draw a card from the deck (without playing a card that allowed it)

Hope that made sense - it's a bit late here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Freitas
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that made sense, thank you.

It only got me wondering because, even though the game only has 2 phases, in the Draw phase you only draw... So in the Play phase you should technically only play cards, otherwise it should be called Play/Use Cards phase, hehe

The best judgement really is to only use artifacts during Play phase, with the exception of Shango Figurine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.