Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is an army my buddy Martin used yesterday; I don't know what it is all about, but a lot of thought seemed to go into its conception, so here it is:

35/35 Alarielle the Radiant
x2 Militia Spearmen
x1 Militia Archers
x1 Bolt Thrower
x1 High Mage

33/33 Karl Franz
x2 Talabecland Halberdiers
x1 Hochland Pistoliers
x1 Warrior Priests
x1 Marienburg Swordsmen

33/34 Queen Helga
x1 Venerable Runesmith
x1 Gyrocopter
x1 Flame cannon
x1 Karak Azul Warriors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
What cards did he pick to go with that?

I'm very confused as to the purpose of this one. About the only thing I can say is that it looks fairly versatile.

Did you happen to be playing undead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Velensk wrote:
What cards did he pick to go with that?

I'm very confused as to the purpose of this one. About the only thing I can say is that it looks fairly versatile.

Did you happen to be playing undead?

Yes, I was playing the Zombie Dragon army. I was confused by the purpose of his selection too, I think he had the idea to move everything in a sort of phalanx, with the copter and pistoliers darting around the flanks. He had Rally, Grim Resolve, Myrmidia's Blessing, Shield Wall, Speed of Asuryan, and Entrap.

He used Rally and Franz to get quite a lot of shots with the Flame cannon, but rolled horrendously and consequently did next to nothing. Grim Resolve, however, proved very effective against my army. Ultimately I won by 10 points by killing his heroes (he had the deployment zone objective).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I guessed that it'd be something like that. Not my style personally but if I were to field such a force I'd want to be doing it against undead.

I find it kind of weird that he'd pick warrior priests without having a way to empower them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.