Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's additional iconography on some cards to allow you to prove a card has a trick without revealing the whole card. Why is this necessary? If all played cards are discarded (and any card with a used trick must be played) then why would you need to hide cards?

I can't figure out why you both don't just show each other the cards you played??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbelcher wrote:

I can't figure out why you both don't just show each other the cards you played??

I believe there are icons that say the opponent has to use sailing. With these icons you can directly show your opponent he cannot use something else (instead of proving it after the cards are discarded). But as long as your playing without cheaters, the icons are just a reminder I think.

dbelcher wrote:
and any card with a used trick must be played

What do you mean with played? If you also mean discarded, than this is not correct. There is a trick that let's you play zero cards. If the opponent attacked with sailing, you don't have to discard a card and can use the trick again.

I do believe it's the other way around: cards used in an attack have to be discarded(they cannot be swithed with a trick).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Belcher
Australia
New Norfollk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - that makes sense. I forgot about '0 card tricks'. I didn't consider playing a trick without playing cards so I couldn't see you ever using a trick without discarding cards.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.