Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Green
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stoked as a childhood fan of EQ, but I'm wondering if this game is any good? Has anyone actually played it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robertson
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to play this at Denver Comic Con. I very much enjoyed it. We only played through the very first adventure. It's a resource management/card management game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robertson
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does have the feel of ElfQuest. Each of the different characters have three different stages of life. As you go through the game they do change. I think the game comes with 7 different characters. I do wish that the whole tribe was available in the basic game. Further expansions will eventually add the whole tribe.

How the resource aspect of the game works is that the players, as a tribe, need to complete what ever stage they are at. Whether is be hunting for food or dealing with some sort of conflict. The different characters have different skills they are good at. At DCC we had three players. We used Pike, Skywise, and Nightfall. Nightfall was very good at hunting. Skywise had more social skills than Nightfall. I dont recall what Pike was good at. But I did have a great time playing.

The game does not have an RPG feel to it though. I so wish it did. I guess you could RP your character but thats not part of this game.

I have some great memories of playing the EQ RPG back in the 80s. I still have the character sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kheotour wrote:
How the resource aspect of the game works is that the players, as a tribe, need to complete what ever stage they are at. Whether is be hunting for food or dealing with some sort of conflict. The different characters have different skills they are good at. At DCC we had three players. We used Pike, Skywise, and Nightfall. Nightfall was very good at hunting. Skywise had more social skills than Nightfall. I dont recall what Pike was good at. But I did have a great time playing.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a sense that it would scale well down to 2 players? If you don't have any great food elves in your party, are you screwed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robertson
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with two players but I would recommend you use 2 characters each. The game is designed for 4 players. And your characters carry over from scenario to scenario. So if you are out of resources at the end of stage one then stage two is going to be a bit harder.

At DCC with played with 3 and we won by the skin of our teeth. If we would have played the second scenario we would probably have had a rough time of it. Having that extra elf would have made it a bit easier for us I think. Of course we had never played before and we got a few rules wrong so that probably contributed to our game result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.