2 Posts

Level 7 [Omega Protocol]» Forums » General

Subject: what to start with as 3 beginners of this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonte Rydberg
msg tools
mb
We are 3 people about to play this game for the first time ( we have experience with a lot of other boardgames though).
My question is basically which mission is the easiest (and preferable shortest) to stat with?
Also, would it break the game to let the players play with only 1 comando each (to keep it more simpe)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Scheele
Germany
L√ľneburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first mission is a good place to start because... you know... it's the first mission. It's designed to give everyone a chance.

I'd recommend you to give both players two commandos or at least give one player two and the other only one to control.

Playing the game with 2 commandos, even in the first mission... sounds like voluntary suicide, seriously. If one of the commandos goes down you are basically screwed because picking him up again and defending him at the same time? Plus repositioning? I doubt your overseer wouldn't use that time to shovel you waves of clones in the face.

Also, read up on this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1190028/which-rules-did-you-...

Edit: Also, the commando lose rules of the first mission are "half of the commandos are dead". So If one of your commandos dies, it's over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.