5 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Size of Minis for battlefoam needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amir Butt
msg tools
Hey all,

As the subject suggests I'm looking into getting some battle-foam for my descent minis, the are unpainted. The main reason being I would like to just have a nice way to organize and carry my minis.

As I have pretty much everything so far, all the minis from the first edition and everything in second edition except for a few lieutenants.

Was wondering if someone could give a list of the size of the minis from small to large cause I don't know what the difference between the battlefoam grids are.

Also anyone know a good website in the uk?

Worse comes to worse would just by the block of foam and pull out and make the sizes I need for the big models

Thank again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was considering this, but decided to opt for Pluck Foam instead, for the following reasons:

+Can more easily adapt to the relentless pace of FFG's expansion releases.
+Avoids the risk of the digital measurement being incorrect.
+Avoids the time spent digitally designing the foam sheets.
+Costs less

It might also be worth contacting Battlefoam to see if they'd be willing to assist in the design of the foam. They have [or at least had] a foam set designed to fit all of the 1st edition monsters, so there's roughly half the measurement work done if you could get the info from them [they'd have to pull it from their old files].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
What depth of pluck foam did you use? How much did it take to accommodate what set? I've been considering this option, but haven't figured out exactly what to order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not fully implemented it yet, just verified that the normal pluck foam trays from Sabol Army Transport fit into a nicely sized box I've found. I'll be posting the entire [expandable] storage solution when I get around to finishing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amir Butt
msg tools
I didn't mean custom cut foam for the figures, I ment already spaced foam like the generic ones they use for warhammer figures.

I was looking to pick up something like this [url]http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/figure-cases-foam%7Cfigure-... [/url]

or

http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/figure-cases-foam%7Cfigure-...

I think you are right and getting a block of foam and just making the size yourself. Will me much cheaper! http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/figure-cases-foam%7Cfigure-...

Would everything have to be laying on its side or for space sake could some of the minis be standing up? Need to figure out the dimensions. Why didn't I pay more attention in maths!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.