Cyrill Lampart
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I got a few business trips coming up that will bring me to Alpharetta, Georgia a few times until the end of this year. Although I am not sure yet how the travel plan looks like exactly and how much time I have on some of the evenings I thought I reach out and see if there are any local gaming groups in the are a to meet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should try to time one of your trips with DragonCon in Atlanta (late August or early September). I don't know much about the game scene in Alpharetta but if you happen to visit Greenville, SC 2 hours away there are gaming nights at our FLGS, Boardwalk Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-35/. They meet on the 4th Sunday and 2nd Monday of each month. It also has links to the awesome Atlanta Game Fest which will be Oct 2-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Walker
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrill,

I host a monthly meetup in Johns Creek, which used to be part of Alpharetta. We meet on the 4th Sunday of the month at a local restaurant. There is also an active group that meets every Saturday evening in Norcross, also close to Alpharetta. You can find both of us on Meetup.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Stetson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
I host a Thursday night euro group in Johns Creek. GM for the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Harkey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for asking the question, I actually live in Alpharetta and never thought to ask it myself.

If these other great suggestions don't fit your schedule please feel free to send me a message, my work schedule isn't often conducive to consistent gaming group nights but I'm always appreciative of a gaming opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid wrote:
Thanks for asking the question, I actually live in Alpharetta and never thought to ask it myself.

If these other great suggestions don't fit your schedule please feel free to send me a message, my work schedule isn't often conducive to consistent gaming group nights but I'm always appreciative of a gaming opportunity.

Alpharetta has no active meet ups that I know it, but there are many meet-ups in the neighboring towns. My usual go-to-source for all Atlanta area meet-ups appears down at the moment. http://www.gameswellplayed.com/store/meetups/ I'll pester the owner.

Also, I host a Tuesday evening group at my house. Contact me directly when you know your schedule and we'll see what can be worked out.

David

Edit: BTW: "Neighboring towns" is 10-15 minutes by car, unless it's rush hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Satterfield
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - I think I know most of the people replying here for some reason....

To echo what dcorbin said - there's (oddly) not much in the Alpharetta area right now. There's a lot going on in other suburbs around here... but most of it seems to hover around the perimeter, up to the northeast a bit or northwest... or further south. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before something exists in Alpharetta again, but until then, the suggestions made here are your best options. I would tell you to message me when you come to town and I can point you in the direction of a game session I'll be at... but the posters above pretty much covered the places I go already.

(Hello up there, everyone)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrill Lampart
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you all so much for all the great information I will know the exact schedule soon and hopefully get in touch with some of the groups. Maybe indeed I might be there for dragoncon which I've heard a lot of great things about.

Again thanks a lot guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon*Con is quit an experience. There is a lot of gaming, but I spend most of my time at other things (people watching, panels, etc.) rather than gaming. There are plenty of better places to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well Played
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
dcorbin13 wrote:
I'll pester the owner

So pestered. Our Atlanta meetup calendar is up and running again:

http://www.gameswellplayed.com/meetups

Thanks for the heads up, David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to drop in and say thank you all for this valuable information. I just moved to Alpharetta from Indianapolis a few weeks ago. Had a super group of people I would play games with on a regular (Pathfinder, Board/Card Games and just hangout with sometimes). Now, not so much. Never tried a meet up before, but I'm willing to check it out. Again, thanks everyone!

-Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsvj wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to drop in and say thank you all for this valuable information. I just moved to Alpharetta from Indianapolis a few weeks ago. Had a super group of people I would play games with on a regular (Pathfinder, Board/Card Games and just hangout with sometimes). Now, not so much. Never tried a meet up before, but I'm willing to check it out. Again, thanks everyone!

-Rob

If your'e not busy this weekend, get on down to Atlanta Game Fest (atlantagamefest.com). IT's going on now and you'll meet a ton of great local gamers (and a few not so local, but still great).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrill Lampart
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, missed the gamefest by one day but will be back in February for a couple of weekends and possible most of the summer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're here the last weekend in May, there is Game-o-rama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.