Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Jesus
Chile
San Cristobal
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello geeks.

After finally building my Darthkaden copy of MoV, I'm studying the rules. So I need your help to understand something.

When a factory is built in some system, a factory counter is placed on the "Factory" space of that system, right?

Next, the corresponding factory good is placed on the market board. So, what is the circle labeled as "Factory goods" on the map for? I thought it was for placing the factory good there.

Thanks a lot for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Dathkadan took some liberties and the Goods are indeed placed by the Factory, perhaps for easier reach (and theme)... It really does not matter if they are placed at the Market for the given Race or in the system on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Jesus
Chile
San Cristobal
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I thought, but I just needed to be sure.

Thanks a lot for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, the factory is placed on any (either space or planetary) city or port in that system (The factory owner need not be the owner of the port nor be occupying that city/port.)

The factory good, however, can be bought from any planetary or space city or port in the system--even if you are not necessarily at the location where the factory is located. For buying the good, the location of the factory DOES NOT MATTER.

In combat, the factory location matters because they provide +1 to owner on that dot "Swindles" and "Revolt" and be the target of a revolt.

In practice in non-combat games, including at the WBC, which is played without combat, since a factory's location does not matter, the factory marker is placed any convenient location in the system--usually near the pile of goods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.