2 Posts

Scrabble» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 words per turn variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky blaze
msg tools
I think I read this somewhere so I am not claiming I thought of this

On your turn you MUST play 2 words/tiles from your 7 tile rack standard Scrabble conditions apply PLUS this condition - the tiles played MUST be played against/off of each other and NOT on separate areas of the board

If you play ALL 7 tiles in one turn you get ONLY 20 points bonus

If you can only play 1 word you must pass or exchange tiles that turn - you MUST form 2 new words

Note tiles are replenished after playing BOTH words

Its interesting as forming 2 words is sometimes much harder than you think plus you can set yourself up for nice bonuses - its kind of gutting when you get a great 6 or 7 letter word and realise it cannot be played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Neff
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A similar-in-spirit variant was played after-hours at the 2013 NSC. It was called "Tag Team" Scrabble, for 4 players in two partnerships.

The two teammates sat side-by-side, consulted, and had consecutive turns from their two racks in either order. There are ample opportunities to make setups and immediately cash them in for big points. Note that there are two separate racks of 7 tiles each, rather than a 14-tile pool for each team each turn... that would be too crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.