Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
New to this game and loving it. This is probably obvious and I missed it, but if you abort the mission and turn around I'm assuming you then spend the next turn in the same zone and are attacked again by enemy fighters, right? This would be similar to turning around after a bombing run. You don't get to turn around and enter a new zone after aborting correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Welcome to the world of B-17! It is a great game! Yes, that is correct, turn and continue in the same zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that if you are in a zone that offers fighter protection you still get that protection after aborting the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
hpgeek wrote:
Remember that if you are in a zone that offers fighter protection you still get that protection after aborting the mission.

Also remember your Zone modifiers all go to 0, enemy fighters attack all three phases (initial, successive 1 and successive 2) unless they are destroyed or take FBOA-2 damage. If this is due to multiple engines out check the section on that too as there are more nasties that can happen

I just flew a mission last weekend where I left formation and never made it past the next zone... cry

Good luck
Jim P mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the prompt responses. I played it out as I thought and even though I was out of formation I managed to roll well and made it back to base. That makes four complete missions. Only 21 more to go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for the prompt responses. I played it out as I thought and even though I was out of formation I managed to roll well and made it back to base. That makes four complete missions. Only 21 more to go...

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Also remember your Zone modifiers all go to 0, enemy fighters attack all three phases (initial, successive 1 and successive 2) unless they are destroyed or take FBOA-2 damage. If this is due to multiple engines out check the section on that too as there are more nasties that can happen

Clarification/correction depending on what you meant: the modifiers that were based upon SQUADRON POSITION are changed to zero. The Flight Log Gazetteer ZONE modifiers are still active and do not change. See 13.1(b)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Vormwald1 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks. I know I will need it. Weirdest thing is that after four missions and lots of enemy fighters I have yet to take a single hit from them. I have even killed a few. This has really bucked the odds and I know it will change soon. I have taken some decent flak hits though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StocktonDave wrote:
jasta6 wrote:

Clarification/correction depending on what you meant: the modifiers that were based upon SQUADRON POSITION are changed to zero. The Flight Log Gazetteer ZONE modifiers are still active and do not change. See 13.1(b)

Darn! I take a few months off and I mess up a rule... Yes your correction is the correct way of doing it. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
jasta6 wrote:
Vormwald1 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks. I know I will need it. Weirdest thing is that after four missions and lots of enemy fighters I have yet to take a single hit from them. I have even killed a few. This has really bucked the odds and I know it will change soon. I have taken some decent flak hits though.

Mike, it was flak that killed my last crew. I left formation the zone before the target and I decided to solider through and bomb the target. Well with one engine out I moved into the target zone and THEN remembered I had to fly TWO turns while loaded with bombs... Darn! In the second turn after five waves of fighters (cumulative for two turns) I take a BIP, in the starboard wing, on the next to last flak hit... Stupid, Stupid, STUPID. only one got out alive and was promptly captured. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why I jinxed myself with that last post. On my seventh mission today everything went to hell. Enemy fighters just started chewing through my plane. It was like they were making up for not hitting in the earlier missions. The best was the Me-110 that got a "walking hit", started the inboard fuel tank on fire and doomed my plane shake

What I noticed is once you reach the sixth mission and are no longer guaranteed good air cover, things can go south fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
...a "walking hit", started the inboard fuel tank on fire and doomed my plane.

Well, now your an honorary member of the 281st! Look for us in January of 2015 to start back up and join in the fun.

Jim mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.