Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
So my friend Justin and I wanted to try our hands at painting. The owner of our FLGS said if we buy our Imperial Primer he'd let us use his paint for the rest. Took a good while and the quality is total shit, but it looks good from about 2 feet away.

The falcon is mine. I wanted it to be inspired by my KillerArdvark avatar. Justin also wanted to do a green theme. Made it easy to teach us at the same time at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. They both look menacing and I think the type of paint job really matches their background as "hunter" versus smuggler ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Looks a bit heavy on the drybrushing. I don't know. It's really hard to make out the details and the bright green lines on the front of the Slave-1 throws me off a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That YT-1300 looks disturbingly gangrenous. The Rebellion is an infection for which there is no cure...apart from the amputation of infected worlds. Send in the Death Star!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what happens when the Falcon and Firespray get assimilated by the Borg...

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
forkins wrote:
Looks a bit heavy on the drybrushing. I don't know. It's really hard to make out the details and the bright green lines on the front of the Slave-1 throws me off a little.
You're very right. This was the first time I've put paint on any model and I'm sure I went overkill. The green lines on the front of the slave were supposed to emulate a 40k model we saw that made it look like a glowing green was coming through the cracks in the armor. I was going to try that but there are just so many damn cracks on the falcon. I hit the obvious exposed portions with the bright green a bit and I like the effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
killerardvark wrote:
forkins wrote:
You're very right. This was the first time I've put paint on any model and I'm sure I went overkill. The green lines on the front of the slave were supposed to emulate a 40k model we saw that made it look like a glowing green was coming through the cracks in the armor. I was going to try that but there are just so many damn cracks on the falcon. I hit the obvious exposed portions with the bright green a bit and I like the effect.

The effect you are after is generally called "OSL" (Object Source Lighting). One great tutorial on painting this effect can be found here: http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/glowing-powerfist-....

Issue is where one paints the opposite (raised as opposed to recessed) areas. This has the effect of making it appear as if light is falling 'on' the model as opposed to 'from' the model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forkins wrote:

Effect Achieved - Perhaps if you didn't get thrown by the appearance of the ship you wouldn't have been shoot down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugin wrote:
forkins wrote:

Effect Achieved - Perhaps if you didn't get thrown by the appearance of the ship you wouldn't have been shoot down.

I was told that the first rule of custom paint jobs is that the painted figure is always the first to die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Some heavy inks would make that falcon pop more I bet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
I rather like the firespray engine glow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.