Subject: Kickstarter campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Cthulhu [+] WWII [+] Kickstarter [+] [View All]
Benoît V.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By now (07/14/2014, 2:40 PM Paris), the campaign reached nine of the thirteen stretch goals revealed until now.

Five of them were upgrades for the box (third army, bags, etc.).
The four others are additionals punchboards

Character Set 1 with A. Magnus, the writer and his "special" cat and with Ilda

Devil boy

The Mayor

The Cultis of the old Gods (edit : change of image after the KS update... )

The next to come is the Priest (in less than 2200 £)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why there is no update after reaching each stretch goal, to excite the backers a bit and possible backers. No update for 4 days now.

Also, no social stretch goals.

This KS could have reached higher level of funding by now with only those 2 small things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît V.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the week-end and the french national day may have been involved in the communication slow down :p

A new update had been released a few minutes ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît V.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By now, the Village people set 2 & the Heroes and gold stretch goals have been unlocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news of an upcoming video showing the game in progress, a tutorial or external preview from any boardgame video blogger?

Right now I'm tempted to pledge money (but NOT doing it), but I still need more "intel" before I deploy my money-scouts into this KS project.

Like actual rules (not HoN rules), more story implements (it seems to origin from Achtung Cthulhu, so there should be an extensive background to take from), and more correct English throughout the game than shown in the comment section on the KS page for this game.

I hope the next few days may convince me to pledge a visually compelling game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really like the way they have put HoN stretch goals in this campaign.

As stated 'Village People Set-1, Village People Set-2, Kelly's Heroes' are all HoN based so why are they even in this KS? especially as there are SoN goals that may not be hit because of the positioning of these (cultist's).

HoN had it's campaign, and it was successful, there is no reason for HoN stretch goals being in this SoN campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît V.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Defendo wrote:
HoN had it's campaign, and it was successful, there is no reason for HoN stretch goals being in this SoN campaign.

If I am not wrong, the Dagon pledge is there for those who are not specially interested in Shadows over Normandie (SoN) : The Lighthouse can be used either for Heroes of Normandie (HoN) or SoN.

I think those HoN strecth goals were made because the Devil Pig Games boys have a lot in their minds about their games. HoN is their baby and I am pretty sure they prefer to keep reasonnables profits and wages so they can add a lot of thing to it. The more they will be able to do, the more they will.
I do not know any of them but seeing their enthusiasm and their presence while the first KS campaign and all along the post-KS phase makes me think that.

The mix between HoN and SoN in this KS campaign may not be appreciate, but I do believe it is not an unfair way to encourage HoN players to pledge for the SoN KS-campaign.

My opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Defendo wrote:
I don't really like the way they have put HoN stretch goals in this campaign.

As stated 'Village People Set-1, Village People Set-2, Kelly's Heroes' are all HoN based so why are they even in this KS? especially as there are SoN goals that may not be hit because of the positioning of these (cultist's).

Village people 1 and 2, and Kelly's Heroes' are universal stuff. They are more geared to HoN because they are not tainted by any Cthulhu or other fantasy elements. So they are very apropriate for historical setting of HoN.

But the they can be used in SoN setting, without problems. Heroes can join Rangers in fight with deep one's and cultists. Villagers can be innocent victims of Black Sun or Cthulhu monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoît V.
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By now, the following strecth goals are unlocked :

90 k£ : Village people set 2

100 k£ : Heroes and Gold

110 k£ : The Guardian Chronicle cross-over (with a SS werewolf woman)

1500 facebook likes : Cthulhu hims.. herse.. itsel... is here !

In 2.141,00 £, the 120 k£ stretch goal will be reached. Which means a job created in the Devil Pig Games team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McCormack
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNo wrote:

The mix between HoN and SoN in this KS campaign may not be appreciate, but I do believe it is not an unfair way to encourage HoN players to pledge for the SoN KS-campaign.

My opinion.

You are probably right and i understand why, but I am new to this game and i don't have HoN, so all the HoN stretch goals do for me is to add confusion about what works with what.
I now understand they are 'compatible' but it just seems odd that some SoN themed goals are at risk of not being reached because of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone missed the KS campaign, and wants to piggy-back, send me a GM. I live in Oakland, CA, but I'm happy to help anyone out.

There were lots of KS Exclusive add-ons in the Shadows Over Normandie campaign that won't be a retail later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.