Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to a few teaser images (and a contest) at the Hans im Gluck website:

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/gewinnspiel/gewinnspiel/?utm_so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles for this might be really cool in a wild west kinda way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just going to go and guess Carcassonne: Around the World: Wild West (Wilder Westen). I guess they went with a turn-of-the-century South Seas approach (with a bit of fantasy with the Friday expansion), so why not do the same thing with the United States? I still hope they re-release and rebrand the New World/Mayflower stand-alone game as one of these Around the World games. I think it would just make sense, especially since the game is currently out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
I'm just going to go and guess Carcassonne: Around the World: Wild West (Wilder Westen). I guess they went with a turn-of-the-century South Seas approach (with a bit of fantasy with the Friday expansion), so why not do the same thing with the United States? I still hope they re-release and rebrand the New World/Mayflower stand-alone game as one of these Around the World games. I think it would just make sense, especially since the game is currently out of print.

Since you're one of the resident experts on Carc around here, I'd love to ask you what your general impression is of New World. It's one of the 2 I don't own (the other being City), and I don't know if I should make it a priority to get it while it's still easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alaska/Yukon gold rush.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
asmyr42 wrote:
Whaleyland wrote:

Since you're one of the resident experts on Carc around here, I'd love to ask you what your general impression is of New World. It's one of the 2 I don't own (the other being City), and I don't know if I should make it a priority to get it while it's still easy.

I absolutely LOVE the concept and rules of the game. I also like the number of tiles and the huge start/score board. I don't care for the artwork in the least, though. I like it more than City, which I also own, but not as much as the base game, Ark of the Covenant, or The Castle. I haven't played South Seas or Discovery yet, unfortunately (they're on my list).

I actually made a fan expansion for the base game of Carcassonne called "The Reconquest of Gaul" which pulls the concept of the Explorer (or whatever it's called) from New World and places it in early Medieval France. It now acts as "Settlers" with the frontier or march steadily progressing southward into Catalonia. Check it out here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
asmyr42 wrote:
Whaleyland wrote:

I absolutely LOVE the concept and rules of the game. I also like the number of tiles and the huge start/score board. I don't care for the artwork in the least, though. I like it more than City, which I also own, but not as much as the base game, Ark of the Covenant, or The Castle. I haven't played South Seas or Discovery yet, unfortunately (they're on my list).

I actually made a fan expansion for the base game of Carcassonne called "The Reconquest of Gaul" which pulls the concept of the Explorer (or whatever it's called) from New World and places it in early Medieval France. It now acts as "Settlers" with the frontier or march steadily progressing southward into Catalonia. Check it out here.

Wow, that looks fantastic! I've got a couple of other things I need to take to Staples to print (that's what I do when I want a really high-quality color print), so I'll add this to my flash drive and print it up. I look forward to trying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiG confirmed on their Facebook page that the new game will be titled "Carcassonne: Gold Rush". No release date yet (but hopefully by Essen?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.