Subject: Shipping this huge game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm very interested in getting this game and found a guy that i selling it at an awesome price (miniatures included!) but he is worried about shipping and insisted for a pick up, even if for me it would be impossible to get to him.
Are the miniatures really that fragile? Is the box really that big that it can be a problem to pack it in a secure way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the minis are extremely fragile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very fragile minis and the unpunched game is a nearly solid mass of heavy cardboard. Many copies have split corners just in shipping. The punched game is going to be only slightly lighter and there's really no safe place to store the minis in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth pointing out that the Titan miniatures are also completely useless. You won't need them. Most of the game would be played without them, since your Titan is face down in a stack of chits 99% of the time.

The box is a nice compact size, but it is HEAVY and that's the main issue with shipping costs, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
Supreme Court Listener
badge
Supporter of the National Flag Football League
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are willing to pay to have each mini individually wrapped and the shipping that goes with it, you could offer that as a solution. You could also guarantee that you wouldn't dispute any damage that happens to it during the shipping. IE if there is a way for you to assume the risks, he may be more likely to ship it to you.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.