Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When BGG news said that it was like The Resistance + Hanabi, I immediately looked for a copy. But, was it as amazing as we all hope? Check out my full thoughts at http://www.boardgamereviewsbyjosh.com/2014/07/blood-of-werew....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I domt think the 4p game is broken like you describe. The dead player hands out the two accusation tokens to the remaining two players, therefore if the next player wants the other dead, they're dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a variant that I missed in the rules? I just checked over them again, and I didn't see one. Dead players are still allowed to talk, but they don't hand out accusations any longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Admje14 wrote:
Is this a variant that I missed in the rules? I just checked over them again, and I didn't see one. Dead players are still allowed to talk, but they don't hand out accusations any longer.
Check what happens upon death. It's easy to miss. Dead players as their final action give out the accusation tokens.

Also, just FYI, you HAVE to lie in this game, you can't play it like Hanabi. If you do, yes, it sucks. The trick of the game is convincing others that they're on your team, without 100% knowing what that team is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did miss that! I'll have to adjust that next time I play (and go make a note on my review!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you could still get into the situation with 4 players left, each thinking that the person next to them is on the other team, though, and thus the accusations just get passed around. Do you agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Admje14 wrote:
I believe that you could still get into the situation with 4 players left, each thinking that the person next to them is on the other team, though, and thus the accusations just get passed around. Do you agree?
The skip-a-player cards prevent this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Admje14 wrote:

not if everyone used them in order though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Admje14 wrote:

I know that it would in most cases. I'm not thinking of a game that starts with 4 player, but one that whittles down to 4 players remaining, thus many (if not all) of those cards have been played. But, that's speculation, since I haven't yet played it with the corrected rule that you pointed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edwards
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Admje14 wrote:

not if everyone used them in order though.

That's true - in a 4-player game that could occur; especially since everyone starts with that same card in 4-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 4p game all players get the skip cards. It is possible that all players okay them in order but this won't happen in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
In a 4p game all players get the skip cards. It is possible that all players okay them in order but this won't happen in practice.

in practice people got killed and forgot they had the cards.

4 player is tricky (and the only version I have played IRL).

One person started our 2nd game of it by saying "Well I know what I am". She was not kidding and as you might guess, she lost that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
In 4p, if all others play their skips, I'm now effectively determining the winner, so I will play it at the right time (from my pov). Of course I might accidentally allow the other team to win, but my point is I'm in control by holding onto my skip.

But others can force me to play it, so be careful here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.