Hide
3 Posts

Pokémon Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Half decks. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Playing with seven year old. Do you use three prize cards. Also dabbling in deck constructing. Is 10 energy, 10 pokemon, 10 trainers about right.

I'm a magic player. A bit old to have ever been into pokemon. I do think it is a good way to trick kids into reading and doing math. It's not a bad game either now that we have played some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Dad
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using a half deck variant… yes, it would be half the normal prize cards or 3.

A pokemon deck is suppose to be exactly 60 cards with a similar break down in construction as in magic. Pokemon being creatures; land/mana like energy but only able to "tap" once; and instant/sorcery/enchants would be trainer/items/supporter cards. And with a full deck it make a top draw less likely.

One little bit of advice… pokemon has a lot (I mean a lot!) of coin flips, which is difficult for younger hands to manage. I would to suggest a d20 (only for the ahhhh factor) and you roll odds are tails and evens are heads. Just a suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.