Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son has been playing a deck with Nick Fury and the Avengers as the centerpiece. He has a Spider-man and a Human Torch to round out the team. I'm curious about counters to Nick Fury's ability to field Avengers for free other than Loki. I'd like to stay with commons and uncommons if possible.

Yes, he beats me on a regular basis. I need to rebuild my self-esteem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Skinner
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't let Fury sit in the field. Use a Phoenix or Mr. Fantastic global ability to force him to attack. Or use Storm's ability to reroll him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use directed damage/removal like Longbow or McRook to take Fury out continuously and force him to try and reroll him. It's a rare, but the Professor X that makes your opponent pay 2 life to field characters mitigates Fury a little. The common Professor X would also make it harder for him to roll his avengers to field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use Mr. F or Phoenix's global to force Nick to Attack and then block his one Nick Fury with 3-4 Beasts that each add 1 dice to your prep area to roll for your next turn. 3-4 extra dice, plus the 4 you draw and roll make for a lot of options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used McRook against him. Useful for knocking out people your opponent leaves in the field but never attacks with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.