Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: villain wounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm unclear on a couple things concerning fighting villains (sorry in advance if these are dumb questions or questions that have been asked before-I did a search but didn't see these answers). Also I am wondering specifically for a cooperative game, but if it differs based on competitive/team play/cooperative, I'd like to know the differences too-

1. In the rules it says:
Quote:
Heroes may NOT Escape from a Fight with a Villain. A Villain that has Wound Markers equal to or greater than
their Wounds value is KO’d and removed from the board.

I assume this means that you keep track of the villain's wounds from round to round as you have to fight him, as you would w/ a character card, but I just wanted to make sure this didn't instead mean that you have to get them KO'd on one fight round, since it doesn't specifically mention that their wounds stay on until healed.

2. In the rules it says:
Quote:
The Hero gains 1 Glory for each Hit done
to a Villain. Note that this is Hits, not Wounds.

I've been assuming that what this means is that if the guy has 1 defense and I score 3 hits on him, I get 3 glory, even though he only takes 2 wounds. Is that correct, just ignore the defense in terms of the glory scored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
1. This is how we've always played.

2. Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dojogrant wrote:
1. This is how we've always played.

2. Correct.

Completely agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.