Subject: 4 players with 2 packs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of jumping into this, but my group ranges from 2-4 players (usually 2).

If I picked up 2 packs (drows and goblins) could we have a go at it with four players?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's official rules for this--but I don't see why you couldn't use the intro rules with two packs to get four players at the table.

To explain: each set is meant for one player, but there are intro rules which divide the contents of one single game box into to two mini-warbands. Each of the cards in a set is marked with either silver or gold faction symbols, and each player in the normal intro game takes either silver or gold.

If you were going to try four players with two packs--let's say Heart of Cormyr and Sting of Lolth for example--you might break it down like this:

Player 1--Heart of Cormyr-silver cards
Player 2--Heart of Cormyr-gold cards
Player 3--Sting of Lolth-silver cards
Player 4--Sting of Lolth-gold cards

When setting up the map, just use the other half tile that's not labelled start as a start tile anyway.

There are two commanders in each box, so you should have four commanders total. (Not sure if the commanders' starting morale and leadership stats should be tweaked in this set up--but if you stick with the defaults, you should be able to battle without problem.)

And, I suppose you could also play free-for-all or team up. The team version sounds more fun in this scenario, and might handle player elimination better.

I imagine this type of game would be quicker paced and more brutal--but that might not be a bad thing, depending on your group.

It's a great little skirmish game--I'd say give it a go! (And, if you're close to a Barnes and Noble, it's been in the discount bin recently...worth a look!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.