BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: In Toronto for a while looking to game, need advice please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox

Los Angeles
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, I am visiting home in Toronto for over a month and I was hoping to get some advice on where I can find some places to board game. I am usually up to play anything Euros, Ameritrash, lighter/heavier games. Some of my popular games at the moment: Agricola, Eclipse, Powergrid, Glass Road, Great Zimbabwe, Legendary Marvel.

There are quite a few stores and cafes around that host board games but I was looking for advice of when and which places have gaming sessions that match my tastes.

Likewise, if anyone needs a gamer to fill out their group for a month I am available!

Thanks for help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Pickering
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely drop by 401 Games and Meeplemart

They both run events and have gaming space. Check out the websites to see when they have events running.

Edit: Meeplemart has open board gaming Tuesday evenings I believe. 401 Games has weekly boardgame night Wednesdays at 6pm. (info from their websites)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakes and Lattes is where you want to go. From what I understand, you should be able to start a game you want. I think afternoons/evenings would be the best times, at least during the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bahz mukslinger
Canada
flag msg tools
snakes and lattes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raptors wrote:
Definitely drop by 401 Games and Meeplemart

They both run events and have gaming space. Check out the websites to see when they have events running.

Edit: Meeplemart has open board gaming Tuesday evenings I believe. 401 Games has weekly boardgame night Wednesdays at 6pm. (info from their websites)

This.

Games change from week to week depending on what people bring and want to play so more than likely you will find something that you would like to play.

You can join this meetup group to discuss and see what other events are going on through the week, but it is not required to go to the meeplemart and 401 games events. Just drop by and say hi!
http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Boardgame-and-Social

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why S&L is being recommended. Judging from the games you mentioned, that place will be too casual for you.

Do go to 401 games wednesdays and Meeplemart tuesdays. TABSCon, which happens every 3 months, will also satisfy your craving for longer games like Eclipse.

We also play every Sunday at Ryerson University.

You should join the meetup group: http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Boardgame-and-Social

And TABSforum, which has this resource thread: http://www.tabsonline.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
I don't know why S&L is being recommended.

I think it is because he mentioned "lighter" games as well as heavier. It'd be good for something different, even casual if in the right mood as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Mc
Canada
flag msg tools
I would recommend S&L, but certainly not Snakes and Lagers. Snakes has a pretty wide variety of Euros, and even has a lot that you can ask for from their archives.
Lagers is mostly very light and casual stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.