137 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #83: Moscow Round 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Moscow comrades!

Players starting in Moscow Round 2:

namyzarc
FATNOOB
interessovat
nolemonplease
SailingChris
MaytheOdds
Shawnad2006
Mowglee
Rhanddom

Starting leader
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Brian Thomas (FATNOOB)

"Comrade Stalin, having become Secretary-General, has unlimited authority concentrated in his hands, and I am not sure whether he will always be capable of using that authority with sufficient caution. Comrade Trotsky, on the other hand, as his struggle against the C.C. on the question of the People's Commissariat of Communications has already proved, is distinguished not only by outstanding ability. He is personally perhaps the most capable man in the present C.C., but he has displayed excessive self-assurance and shown excessive preoccupation with the purely administrative side of the work.

These two qualities of the two outstanding leaders of the present C.C. can inadvertently lead to a split, and if our Party does not take steps to avert this, the split may come unexpectedly." -- Words from Lenin's Testament not shared outside the inner party apparatus.

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Moscow as decreed that revolutionary garb be worn by all in order to best honor the death of comrade Lenin and his last testament. All citizens will respect the fallen leader by wearing outfits signifying their fervor for the Revolution. Players may not public color reveal or color share.

The leader of this room must choose THREE PERSONS to transfer from MOSCOW to LENINGRAD. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices. In addition you must send me your executive decision(choose one) and any conditionals, including preference of transfers, in the case that your chosen transfers are not viable.

Your deadline to do this is Wednesday, 10:00 BGG time (CST).

Executive Decisions for Round Two:

Default - Issue revolutionary garb - All citizens will respect the fallen leader by wearing outfits signifying their fervor for the Revolution. Players may not public color reveal or color share.

Exile rival - You may choose one player you are transferring to be exiled. An exiled player may not be transferred next round. Exiled players will be noted in the round transfers.

People's Commissariat of Communications - The mail must get through! You may send one private message along with your transfers to someone in the other room OR to be publicly displayed in the room.

If you have a rules or role question, geekmail me.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room and chambers.

Locked Votes: Due to the nature of Lobbyist and other roles in this game, Locked Votes may not be unlocked during the round, unless a power forces them to re-lock a vote.

Final Roleset
More Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
You may post now.

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Moscow as decreed that revolutionary garb be worn by all in order to best honor the death of comrade Lenin and his last testament. All citizens will respect the fallen leader by wearing outfits signifying their fervor for the Revolution. Players may not public color reveal or color share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Zdrasvuitye, tovarishchi!

I can't make it official, but I'm Red. Come to me for a good time, boys and girls. I have many stories to tell about life in glorious Leningrad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, let me usurp... I will hand over leadership to you after I become leader, and tell you a few interesting incidents that happened in Leningrad

Vote Mowglee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
And needless to say, [vote Rhanddom]. The occasional shake-up of the party hierarchy keeps corruption at bay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTES: Using longest last held vote method.

Current Leader: Brian Thomas (FATNOOB)

Mowglee: Mowglee (1)
Rhanddom: Rhanddom (2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
[Offer card share mowglee]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper Shawna, Mowglee, Rhan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings everyone!

Any blues wanna have a chat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
maytheodds wrote:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Your choice of mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Comrades. Welcome newcomers to the glorious city of Moscow.

Chairman FATNOOB will be embarking on a tour of Eastern European nations soon in hopes of spreading our great revolution to nations there. This trip is expected to take only a few hours (we have very fast trains here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Hmm. We can't public color reveal or color share, but can we private color reveal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reply Mowglee

Private color reveal and whisper Rochelle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pvt colour reveal may

rhanddom... still waiting for your pvt colour reveal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper May, Shawna, Mowgli, and Ran

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
mowglee wrote:
pvt colour reveal may

Okay. I'll operate on the basis that the Executive Order does not forbid that. [Private color reveal mowglee with a side order of whisper].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
maytheodds wrote:
Reply Mowglee

Private color reveal and whisper Rochelle

[Private color reveal and reply]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mowglee wrote:
Brian, let me usurp... I will hand over leadership to you after I become leader, and tell you a few interesting incidents that happened in Leningrad

Vote Mowglee

No thanks Mowglee - it's fun being leader!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
mowglee wrote:
pvt colour reveal may

Okay. I'll operate on the basis that the Executive Order does not forbid that. [Private color reveal mowglee with a side order of whisper].

I'm pretty sure you're fine - Machiavellian could confirm that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Hmm. We can't public color reveal or color share, but can we private color reveal?

You may private color reveal since the executive decision did not explicitly forbid it. This may have been an oversight on my part when designing the decision, but we will operate under the thematic excuse that when you private reveal color, they can thoroughly investigate you and determine your supposed faction loyalties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
also not a robot.
badge
Fun fact: mathematically, it's equally likely to either im- or ex-plode.
Greetings! What's the story over here? Glad to see I stuck with Rhanddom. Always keeping things interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
shawna my friend, it's getting to be showdown time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
also not a robot.
badge
Fun fact: mathematically, it's equally likely to either im- or ex-plode.
Rhanddom wrote:

Sounds exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

Sounds exciting!

Gonna be a Soviet smackdown in Moscow today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.