90 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #83: Leningrad Round 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Leningrad comrades!

Players starting in Leningrad Round 2:

Rodafowa
SamNzed
Itai
TheKnightofCups
Natsume
CraigRJ
ranapuer
Borgoto
Mmazala

Starting leader
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Natalie (Natsume)

"Comrade Stalin, having become Secretary-General, has unlimited authority concentrated in his hands, and I am not sure whether he will always be capable of using that authority with sufficient caution. Comrade Trotsky, on the other hand, as his struggle against the C.C. on the question of the People's Commissariat of Communications has already proved, is distinguished not only by outstanding ability. He is personally perhaps the most capable man in the present C.C., but he has displayed excessive self-assurance and shown excessive preoccupation with the purely administrative side of the work.

These two qualities of the two outstanding leaders of the present C.C. can inadvertently lead to a split, and if our Party does not take steps to avert this, the split may come unexpectedly." -- Words from Lenin's Testament not shared outside the inner party apparatus.

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Leningrad has issued an extension to the mourning period of the great revolutionary and the father of the Bolshevik Revolution. Players may not public reveal in this room.

The leader of this room must choose THREE PERSONS to transfer from LENINGRAD to MOSCOW. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices. In addition you must send me your executive decision (choose one) and any conditionals, including preference of transfers, in the case that your chosen transfers are not viable.

Your deadline to do this is Wednesday, 10:00 BGG time (CST).

Executive Decisions for Round Two:

Default - Issue revolutionary garb - All citizens will respect the fallen leader by wearing outfits signifying their fervor for the Revolution. Players may not public color reveal or color share.

Exile rival - You may choose one player you are transferring to be exiled. An exiled player may not be transferred next round. Exiled players will be noted in the round transfers.

People's Commissariat of Communications - The mail must get through! You may send one private message along with your transfers to someone in the other room OR to be publicly displayed in the room.

If you have a rules or role question, geekmail me.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room and chambers.

Locked Votes: Due to the nature of Lobbyist and other roles in this game, Locked Votes may not be unlocked during the round, unless a power forces them to re-lock a vote.

Final Roleset
More Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
You may post now.

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Leningrad has issued an extension to the mourning period of the great revolutionary and the father of the Bolshevik Revolution. Players may not public reveal in this room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello newcomers ! I am the only one following our great Comrade Lenin in this pit filled by confused followers of the mistaken Trotzky. cool

In other words: I AM RED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiiii everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
Hello newcomers ! I am the only one following our great Comrade Lenin in this pit filled by confused followers of the mistaken Trotzky. cool

Comrades! Don't follow Lenin, follow the gourd!

I am blue as is Natalie, our glorious eternal temporary leader. Together, we can organise to smash the rotting hulk of capitalism! Long live the people's revolution, yadda yadda yadda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Citizens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodafowa wrote:
Itai wrote:

Comrades! Don't follow Lenin, follow the gourd!

I am blue as is Natalie, our glorious eternal temporary leader. Together, we can organise to smash the rotting hulk of capitalism! Long live the people's revolution, yadda yadda yadda.

I am BLUE! I can confirm my comrade here is a true blue.

Blues and Grey - Please come see me.

Vote Natalie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
BORGOTO!
Whisper Borgoto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper Peer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Borgoto wrote:
Whisper Peer

Reply Shark Buddy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I publicly reveal that I'm in love with Natalie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you sent out Shawna and May so you could be the only one to have my heart, Natalie.

#StockholmSyndrome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Beep! Boop!
badge
Boop! Boing!
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Borgoto wrote:
Whisper Peer

Reply Shark Buddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper Catsume

Me-ow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
theknightofcups wrote:
Can I publicly reveal that I'm in love with Natalie?

whisper back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roe
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote Natalie, obv.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do wonder....
Whisper Craig, Emme, Rana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTES: Using longest last held vote method.

Current Leader: Natalie (Natsume)

Natsume: Natsume (1), Rodafowa (2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Ireland!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
So what I'm seeing here is a Body Double and Con-Artist vouching for each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch out for CraigRJ - he color and card shared with everyone and their mothers last round; who knows what kind of diseases he picked up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
Watch out for CraigRJ - he color and card shared with everyone and their mothers last round; who knows what kind of diseases he picked up.

LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
So what I'm seeing here is a Body Double and Con-Artist vouching for each other.

When SamNzed comes up he can confirm our Blue-ness as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:

Body double shows VIP (either Bomb or President). Con-Artists are like spies. If you are infering that myself and Dan are such - then how can we both public reveal blue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
You may post now.

So no Enlisteds, Gargoyles, or Mayor'ing this round.

[Vote mmazala] to inject the game a big dose of new life, comrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natsume wrote:
mmazala wrote:

Body double shows VIP (either Bomb or President). Con-Artists are like spies. If you are infering that myself and Dan are such - then how can we both public reveal blue?

Evil Body Double was bribed. Bribery is common in Soviet Russia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.