Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Denysenko

Rochester
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to the pre-order page. Please note we need a strong preorder show to move this project along ( and to get the rest of the series going as well!)

http://mercurygames.com/index.php/games/product/17-orange-re...

Again, for those preordering, thanks so much for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategic games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
"No shipping methods available for your location".

Why are you designing games about European History while you aren't able to ship them to Europe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note this preorder is currently open to residents of North America only, or customers with a North America mailing address. We hope to have an international option available at a later date - please watch our website for news.

The pre-order page indicates that we are currently working on an international solution....please stay tuned
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be my first time dealing with Mercury Games.

Under their preorder system, am I charged now, or when it ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Any Luggage Sir? - No, just this carrion.
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeO wrote:
This would be my first time dealing with Mercury Games.

Under their preorder system, am I charged now, or when it ships?

You will be charged now, but if the game doesn't end up getting published your money will be refunded (according to the game page at Mercury's website).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HHarengel wrote:

Why are you designing games about European History while you aren't able to ship them to Europe?

4 months have gone and still no shipping method to Europe and no news about the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainst0rm wrote:
HHarengel wrote:

4 months have gone and still no shipping method to Europe and no news about the game

Just to be clear: While we are still working on a solution that will allow European/international customers to preorder Orange Revolution, we can already say with certainty that Orange Revolution will be available to all retailers worldwide through their normal distribution process.

We continue to work on a solution for international preorders and will hopefully have an update before too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mercury Games has delivered nothing but excellent games so far. The Capitals, Guns of Gettysburg, and Polis have been just outstanding. With that in mind, I went ahead and made my pre-order this morning.

Here's hoping we hit the 500 pre-orders before too long. Orange Revolution looks really interesting and will go well with my copy of Wir sind das Volk! and 1989: Dawn of Freedom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence David.

We have been hoping to post some content for OR. As a smaller company, we do what we can with what we have. Now that the holidays are behind us some new content should be available soon...soonish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear (read).

Been awfully quiet around here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news? How are the preorder numbers? Are we still on for a Q1 delivery?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bueller...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orange Revolution is delayed pending additional preorder support. Details now available on our website under "News"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategic games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Orange Revolution is delayed pending additional preorder support.
Looks like a deadlock: Customers outside North America are not able to preorder and Publisher waits for preorders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping for a status update soon. The Mercury website really doesn't tell us much other than the preorder is live. How close are we to achieving the numbers needed for publication? Did you manage to work out EU shipping? Inquiring minds want to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this on pre-order. I thought I heard somewhere they were thinking this was going to hit in 2015. Pre-orders or not, I think this game would do well. The past history with this company putting out great games, and the fact games like Wir Sind have done well, bodes well for a game like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything in six months. The Mercury website says the artwork will be updated in January 2015. That's hardly keeping it up to date!

I'm starting to lose hope on this project.

Mercury, isn't there anything you can tell us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally gave up and emailed Mercury to cancel my pre-order and get my money refunded (which they did).

I mentioned that the lack of released information was my main reason, but they did not offer any sort of an update.

If the game is ever published, I hope to be able to pick up a copy. However, for now anyway, Orange Revolution if off my "radar".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Salamon
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, you should go to youtube and check out my videos. Look for Mark Reads Rules.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did we have to pay for this game when we made the pre-order? The game doesn't seem to have a page on the Mercury website anymore. Bummer.

phormio wrote:
I finally gave up and emailed Mercury to cancel my pre-order and get my money refunded (which they did).

I mentioned that the lack of released information was my main reason, but they did not offer any sort of an update.

If the game is ever published, I hope to be able to pick up a copy. However, for now anyway, Orange Revolution if off my "radar".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salamon wrote:
Did we have to pay for this game when we made the pre-order? The game doesn't seem to have a page on the Mercury website anymore. Bummer.

phormio wrote:

They have cancelled the game, but the designer is looking into alternatives to get it published.

And to answer your question, "yes", Mercury did require payment up front. They did refund my money though, when I asked. And it appears as though they've refunded everyone's now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
phormio wrote:
Salamon wrote:

phormio wrote:

They have cancelled the game, but the designer is looking into alternatives to get it published.

And to answer your question, "yes", Mercury did require payment up front. They did refund my money though, when I asked. And it appears as though they've refunded everyone's now.

To require payment upfront for a pre-order is not good business in my opinion. GMT doesn't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
To require payment upfront for a pre-order is not good business in my opinion. GMT doesn't do that.

Could not agree more, but I wanted to see OR published (still do) so I drank the Kool Aid. They did refund my money though, like they said they would. In fact, I hear that they actually refunded 2% over the purchase price to people who stayed in until the end.

I still don't care for the practice, but at least they made good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
phormio wrote:
patton55 wrote:

Could not agree more, but I wanted to see OR published (still do) so I drank the Kool Aid. They did refund my money though, like they said they would. In fact, I hear that they actually refunded 2% over the purchase price to people who stayed in until the end.

I still don't care for the practice, but at least they made good.

+1

Yep, they did good on that end. They even sent me like two follow-up emails to make sure I got my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.