Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I recently received a small order of monsterpocalypse, shoring up the last of my unit numbers that I can run pure lists for all 12 factions. I'd like to cut down on my collection that I have exactly 15 units per, so I can run games with minimal set up time. Unfortunately, this is where decision paralysis sets in and I start agonizing over optimal faction lists.

I've managed to mock up one for each group, but there are a few I'm feeling shaky on, due to complete inexperience with the faction. Can any of the more experienced players here offer any suggestions on the following? My main problem area is distribution of elites, grunts, and glass/shadow units, and whether I'm using too many of certain units (G1s for instance).

My desire is that the lists will be at least "good" with whichever monster a player picks from the chosen faction (kind of like what happened in this thread with Louis Brenton's fantastic recommendations).

Thanks!

Pure Elemental Champs:
1 E Air Kami
1 G Air Kami ~ to be converted to Tornadus
2 Earth Avatar
1 Glass Earth Avatar
1 E Earth Kami
2 G Earth Kami
1 E Fire Kami
2 G Fire Kami
2 Water Avatar
1 E Water Kami
1 G Water Kami

GUARD (aggressive version) Thanks Louis
1 G Anti-Aircraft Tank
1 G Ion Tank
1 E G-Tank
1 Grunt G-Tank
2 Fuel Truck - 2nd fuel truck retained for use with Voltron morphers
2 E G1s
2 G G1s
1 Mobile Ops Center
2 Repair Vehicle
1 E Rocket Chopper
1 G Rocket Chopper

Terrasaurs
1 E Bellower
2 G Bellower
2 Brontox
1 G Green Fury Van
1 E Pteradactix
2 G Pteradactix
2 G Raptix
2 Spikasaur
1 Spikodon
1 Shadow Spikodon

Apes
1 E Airborn Ape
2 G Airborn Ape
2 Command Ape
1 E Frontline Ape
2 G Frontline Ape
1 E Howitzer Ape
2 G Howitzer Ape
1 E Rocket Ape
1 G Rocket Ape
2 Stealth Ape

Planet Eaters
1 E Belcher
2 G Belcher
1 E Chomper
2 G Chomper
1 Explodohawk
1 Shadow Explodohawk
2 Explodomite
2 G Scorcher
1 Shadow Scorcher
2 G Destructomite ~ missing 1 elite

Savage Swarm
1 E Cliff Hopper
2 G Cliff Hopper
1 E Dire Ant
2 G Dire Ant - will proxy 1 into Riffa
1 E Razor Beetle
2 G Razor Beetle
2 Spy Fly
1 E Vice Pincher
1 G Vice Pincher
2 Steelback Roach

Shadow Sun ~ reconciled suggestions
1 G C-Type
1 E C-Type
1 Shadow C-Type
2 Interceptor
1 E Katana
2 G Katana
1 G S-Type
1 E S-Type
2 Shadow Gate
2 Sun Drone
1 G Sun Fighter

Uber Corp
2 G Carnitron
2 E Mecha Chomper
1 G Mecha Chomper - missing 1 grunt
2 Mecha Task Master
1 E Robo Brontox
2 G Robo Brontox - 1 to proxy into S-1
1 E Robo Squix
1 G Robo Squix
1 Glass Robo Squix
2 UCI MRV

Cthul
1 G Corruptor
2 Cthulabite
2 Meat Slave
1 E Snatcher
2 G Snatcher
1 E Spitter
2 G Spitter
1 E Squix
1 G Squix
1 E Tanglix
1 Task Master

Subterrans
3 G Grinder Tank - 1 to proxy to Ral
1 E Grinder Tank
1 Groundbreaker
2 Mollok Berserker
2 E Brute
2 G Brute
1 E Mortar
1 G Mortar
2 G Oppressor

Left over: some more ground breakers

Martians
1 E Despoiler
2 G Despoiler
1 G Marauder
3 Nullifier
2 Power Pod
1 Reaper
2 Saucer
1 E Vanguard
2 G Vanguard

Tritons - thanks Louis Brenton!
1 Hunter Kor'al
1 E Maco Sub
1 G Maco Sub
2 Nautilus Blaster
2 G Psi-Eel
2 G Spadefin
2 Spiral Relay
1 Glass Spiral Relay
1 E Crab
2 G Crab

Thanks again for reading!

-Dolono

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this a couple of times and I love the game but don't have enough experience to comment. I just wanted to say I wish someone put together army lists for each of the 12 factions. I currently just tried to get 3 of each unit and I pretty much have that except for some of the harder to find units. So, hopefully someone puts some nice lists together please?

I'm sure there's some that you would never need more than 1 or 2 or some that you'd actually want more than 3 but I didn't want spend way too much on getting 5 of everything or get too little and regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your kind words, my friend. Very much appreciated.thumbsup

I'm short on time at this precise moment, but I'll subscribe to this thread & I'll pop back in when I've got time to hopefully make some helpful recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies!

After I collect some feedback, I'd be happy to edit the OP lists, so that it can serve as a collecting/resource list for newer players. I know from first hand experience that it can be a challenge to track down generic list recommendations from the internet. Many of the helpful resources that used to be available at team covenant and the privateer forums have evaporated in the past couple years. Back in 2010-2012 I copied and saved a bunch of lists/recommendations/threads to a hard drive, and have been trying to put the pieces of my collection back together using those. Even then, it's been tough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's the next crazy question; all part of my quest to condense and "boardgame-afy" my collection:

Is there any plausible way of consolidating the buildings into 2-6 precon sets? Would it be possible to create a building categorization scheme that a player could, say, pick a "hazardous," "high occupancy," or "creature buff" building set and run that with their army?

I'll try to mock up 4 sets of 12 or 6 sets of 6 a little later...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial reply for the sake of guidance in purchasing...this only applies to purchasing, not necessarily to list building for a particular monster.

It seems to me that with very few exceptions, the principles of purchasing monpoc units fall into 3 sentences.

1. You usually want the character unit from your faction in your collection. (this only applies to the NOW block (Apes, Elementals, Tritons, Ubercorp, Swarm...not Moles, because that guy is terrible).

2. If a unit comes in a grunt/elite format, you almost always are good if you have 1 elite & 2 grunts. That will cover most list building situations. (there are a couple of individual monsters who may want an extra or two)

3. If a unit comes in a non-grunt/elite format, you almost always are good if you have 2.

(edited to fix typos)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll respond to the lists marked "help!" first. I'll also include a couple of strategy notes, not so much for the OP's guidance, as he knows the game, but for future readers who are learning Monpoc.

Potential Elemental Champions faction pure list:

1 Tornadus
(absolutely proxy him...best unit in all of Monpoc, fast with flying & the best of Protector's very limited kill-multiple-units options...red hoist is also very helpful parked next to your monster)

2 Earth Avatars
(park them on power zones for amplify, spawn Tornadus & elites cheaply all game with nesting)

1 Glass Earth Avatar
(faster cheaper option that gives you nesting but not amplify)

2 Water Avatars
(quick unit, use for soft disruption(messing up building secures...doubly so if you transport Water Kamis), & healing prevention)

1 Elite/2 Grunt Fire Kamis
(teamed with Tornadus, your primary attackers & only useful blast attackers...Rage always gets you that extra P-die on kills)

1 Elite/1 Grunt/1 Glass Earth Kamis
(Dolono, you didn't mention if you owned a glass Earth Kami, so this may not be helpful)
(Fling on brawl, Multishot on brawl on the glass are other multiple-unit-kill options, if you can set up the brawl attack...which is much harder than blasting...these & Earth Avatars are also your best building securers because of high defense & non-flying so they get cover)

1 Elite/1 Grunt Water Kami
(most useful being Transported from the Water Avatars...decent brawl stats but slow so hard for them to reach targets...if Aquosia is your monster, she wants to make lots of use of these through Transport for debuffing & screening, so I'd drop the Air Kami & run an additional Grunt Water Kami with her)

1 Grunt OR 1 Elite Air Kami
(these are the least useful Elementals units, so zero is also an acceptable number...I play Protectors more than any other Agenda & I NEVER use Air Kamis...could be useful for Distract if the enemies are on your side of the map...run the Elite if you think red Distract is valuable)

Hope that's helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Potential GUARD Faction Pure List:

1 Elite/1 Grunt G-Tank
(all 3 kinds of GUARD tanks are high defense, slow speed with All Terrain...they'll all be best used for securing buildings & power zones...they're all made much more useful if your monster is Laser Knight granting them all blue Amplify...G-tanks stand out from the other tanks because of their long-range blast stat)

1 Grunt Ion Cannon Tank
(see G-tanks above, Ion Cannons stand out for their helpful Disrupt & Power Drain blast triggers...use them in conjunction with other blasters to get these particular effects, no need to run a full squad of them)

1 Grunt Anti-Aircraft Tank
(see notes on other two tank types above...AA tanks stand out for their Anti-Air debuffer & Flak trigger...use in conjunction with other blasters, no need for full squad)

1 Elite/2 Grunt G-1 Strike Fighters
(high speed units with flight...Indirect Fire negates enemy cover bonuses...these guys can reach almost anywhere on the map & will be doing the lion's share of your offensive work...these are made super potent if your monster is Sky Sentinel...also, having Radar secured on a GUARD defense base or one of the other Radar buildings is a huge help)

2 Mobile Ops Centers
(contributes red Radar & Logistics bonus to combined attacks if you can get him close enough to be involved...he's ground bound & slowish...helpful often enough to include)

2 Repair Vehicles
(these are essential to Repair your GUARD monsters...run 2 because they're ground-bound & slowish, & you don't want them to be stuck on the wrong part of the map & unable to reach your monster)

2 Grunt Rocket Choppers (or 1 Grunt/1 Elite)
(Unless you're running Sky Sentinel, these guys aren't all that useful as combatants...you use them primarily for Spotter, to lower enemy defenses from blast attacks...if this wasn't a faction pure list, I'd only run 1 grunt)

2 Fuel Trucks
(Mostly useful for refuel, to move your monster on your unit turn...he's ground bound & slow so he often won't be able to reach your monster, but once every 5-6 games it's a life-saver...Energize is a useful buff if you can get him next to your monster...Unstable makes him not a good choice for grouped-unit scenarios such as building secures...Unstable DOES make him a good choice to disrupt enemy building secures)

For a more aggressive force, particularly if running Sky Sentinel, consider dropping 1 Fuel Truck & Mobile Ops, & adding 1 each of Elite/Grunt G-1s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
superman829 wrote:
not Moles, because that guy is terrible

I include him. Red rage is pretty good sometimes, especially when parked next to a monster and a ToC.

Of course, fiends lists have lots of spare a-dice from all the summoning they do so his 2-cost isn't that bad BUT... moles are pretty hard-up for units that aren't absolutely terrible and Ral Kurrilik isn't absolutely terrible.

Dolono wrote:

I recently received a small order of monsterpocalypse,
I wonder if we were bidding against each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jugglervr wrote:
I wonder if we were bidding against each other.

Naw, I tracked down an out of state vendor that had some reeeal cheap singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Potential Terrasaurs Faction Pure List:

1 Elite/2 Grunt Bellowers
(These guys, possibly teamed up with Spikodon, are your primary blasters...long range blast with native boost die & Demolition skill)

2 Elite Spikodons
(running 2 because they're a bit slow...their slow speed is mitigated somewhat by easy access to tow from Pteradactix & Nesting from Brontox...long range, 2-boost die blast & Explosion...this guy is a great crowd control option...team with Bellowers as a blasting team)

2 Brontox
(plant these guys on forward power zones...they get cover from Dig In & their Nesting ability gives you cheaper spawns in more forward areas...very useful to spawn Spikodons in particular...spawn elites off of these as much as possible)

2 Spikasaurs
(use these guys for building secures so you've already got them out on the map to use as hazards to throw the enemy monsters on for extra damage...also great to Summon or Tow into place if you're running Pteradax as your monster)

1 Elite/2 Grunt Pteradactix
(Tow is an amazingly helpful ability...use it to pull your slower units into place, to tow enemy units onto hazards for a cheap kill, or to tow enemy units into connected group so Spikodon can blow them all up with Explosion...a full squad may be overkill...2 grunts or 1 elite/1 grunt may be sufficient, but you've got space in your list)

1 Grunt Green Fury Van
(not a very effective blaster by itself or even in a squad, compared to other blasting tools you have in your force...add him to a blasting team to get that Chain Reaction trigger, if the enemy's formation would allow more kills that way than with Spikodon's Explosion trigger...Red Munch can give your monster a nice bonus trigger as well (although several Terrasaurs monster forms also already have it)

1 Grunt Raptix
(really only useful for the Flank debuff...you're not going to use him to brawl flying units very often, although he could be effective joining some P-dactixes for an attack)

1 Shadow Spikodon
(really expensive to spawn...only spawn if you can do it off of a Brontox)

Carnidons are utterly useless. Raptix is mostly useless, feel free to discard & replace with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jugglervr wrote:
superman829 wrote:
not Moles, because that guy is terrible

I include him. Red rage is pretty good sometimes, especially when parked next to a monster and a ToC.

Of course, fiends lists have lots of spare a-dice from all the summoning they do so his 2-cost isn't that bad BUT... moles are pretty hard-up for units that aren't absolutely terrible and Ral Kurrilik isn't absolutely terrible.

True. But I think the REAL fiends character unit is the Cthulabite. Which isn't supposed to be character unit at all, but is better than several of the actual character units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
superman829 wrote:
...terrasaurs heresy...

with a shadow spikodon, I wouldn't even bother with normal versions. the shadow will sit in the middle of your map and dominate the board unless he's dealt with. if he is, nest him out again for 1a and 1 to move him; that's guaranteed to be cheaper than the dice they wasted taking him out.

A full wing of Pteradax aren't that bad because they're fairly decent brawlers, and the red riled on the elite is really interesting, but bear in mind that the riled doesn't work off triggers. If they hit one of your 'dax with an explosion blast, the one that's hit will get the riled, but the ones that the explosion takes down won't.

superman829 wrote:
you're not going to use him to brawl flying units very often
Raptixes are great. I don't know what you're smokin. It's not as if tornadus, vanguard, G1s, or cthulabites are worth taking down or included in every list they're native to (or even splashed in Tornadus's case)...

Carnidons are mostly useless, but I DO bring an elite in a brawly force sometimes; it's the only 2-boost brawler you can nest out of a brontox.

superman829 wrote:
I think the REAL fiends character unit is the Cthulabite. Which isn't supposed to be character unit at all, but is better than several of the actual character units.
meh, no boost dice on the blast means they can't be cool on their own, which is something all the characters can do, with 2 boost on their relevant attacks across the board. They're amazing, no doubt, but they're only there as support units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Potential Faction Pure Shadow Sun List:

1 Elite/2 Grunt Katanas
(these guys will do most of your heavy lifting in the blasting department...high speed & hover, long range, plenty of boost dice from high impact, chain reaction for crowd control...one of the best units in the game)

1 Elite/1 Grunt/1 Shadow C-type Shinobi
(spawn the Elite & Shadow off the Interceptors whenever possible...good blast triggers particularly for targeting the enemy monster)

2 Interceptors
(fast units useful for dropping off C-types, Shadow Gates, & Sun Drones)

2 Sun Drones
(wonderful for building secures, since their satellite support grants such a power up upgrade...also useful to create lines enemies can't move across with no fly zone...)

2 Shadow gates
(great to put in the midst of a bunch of units that are securing buildings to give them all cloak, or parked next to your monster to give him cloak...they can also set up a teleporting arrangement, but I rarely see them used that way)

1 Grunt/1 Elite S-type Shinobi
(great for disrupting enemy power bases because of Cloak, also helpful for your own building secures for the same reason...could also be helpful to debuff enemy monster's defense against your monster's brawl attacks, so most helpful with Zor Raiden)

That makes 14 units. The Sun Fighter & Shadow Raider are both pretty useless & significantly inferior to other units in your force, in my opinion. It's hard to think of something special they bring to the table. In light of that, perhaps add a 3rd grunt Katana, 2nd grunt C-Type, or perhaps a third Sun Drone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Sun fighter has speed 6 and flight which means it can stay on hazards to screen. Def 3 isn't bad either. I'd include one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
My thoughts on a faction pure cthul list:

Cthul is weird because the units are so easy to field that you want to bring a lot of elites, but you can only have 5 elites total.

5 Tower of corruption and 2-3 Music producer should be in the city.

1 Corruptor
1 Elite Corruptor
The elite brings red overload, which can be great. Cthul doesn't have any trouble getting expensive units out.

2 Cthulabite
amazing and you want to be able to get them where you want them so 2 are good. no boost dice natively, so you don't want more.

2 Meat Slave
one monster wants 3 of these but otherwise, 2 is good. park one on a power zone and nobody will kill it with units for fear of its incubator.

1 E Snatcher
1 G Snatcher
1 Shadow Snatcher
The grunt and a corruptor (or cthulabite) can brawl down a guy and make another (elite) snatcher, who can brawl down another guy (with flank) and make a cthulabite or shadow task master or whatever. If you have LOTs of dice, you can do a nice conga line and eat all your opponent's g1s or vanguards. Your opponent will respond by blowing them all up with explosion or airborne ape or chain reaction, so be wary. Try to make them in a line rather than a cluster so you maybe net a unit out of it.

1 E Spitter
2 G Spitter
3*6 blast team is a no-brainer.

0 E Squix
1 G Squix
Here's the problem. The grunts are kind of bad, and for 2, a cthulabite is usually better than the elite. Red forcefield is sometimes fun, but this list already has 5 elites, and I don't think there's room for the elite squix.

1 E Shadow Tanglix
summon him on an opponent spawn zone (or adjacent to 2) and watch them gnash their teeth trying to get rid of it so they can move. They'll have to tow it but that means it did work for you early.

1 Shadow Task Master
You never pay 3 for this guy; you always summon him, and he's pretty good for 1. Be warned that him with a snatcher is a bad brawling pair, since the manufacture removes the unit before the fling can trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Martians

1 E Despoiler
1 G Despoiler
1 E Shadow Despoiler
They're not that good, but def 3 (4 in cover) and the red sniper can be fun. The shadow is nice to manufacture with ares mothership, or to park next to phobos-7 for really good blasting.

1 G Marauder
Nobody uses marauders for boost; just explosion. use your vanguards for the boost dice. You can get the marauder anywhere you need him with his speed and range.

3 Nullifier
Sometimes you need to drop one in a specific spot and you used them all up. Filling the board with Mire is also amazing.

2 Power Pod
You'll never keep more than 2 out. Be sure to use sneaky refuel tricks to base monsters when they don't expect it, and to soft-disrupt power bases.

1 Reaper
Red energy cycle is decent for when you need to back:back or be efficient with sniper fire.

2 Saucer
You need to be able to get your pods where they want to go, and the ground control is nifty. Abduct can occasionally be useful (especially with mothership)

1 E Vanguard
2 G Vanguard
standard 3*6 blast team. Be sure to pay attention to when it's better to split them up (for more power gorge triggers) than to concentrate fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Subterrans

what a pile of crap these guys are.

1 Ral Kurrilik
He's one of the worst characters but he's still better than any elites in the list. Speed 5 with def 4 and burrow and red rage is pretttty commendable. His blast is terrible but that's what grinder tanks are for.

1 E Grinder Tank
2 G Grinder Tank
The marker is really deceptively good. It turns a 75% hit chance into a 94%. That's a bit like adding a 1*2. Throw one of these into any attack you can.

1 Groundbreaker
Pathfinder is trash. Sometimes it'll go off, sometimes you'll get a great monster basing out of it but usually it's just a waste.

2 Mollok Berserker
These guys are gold.

2 E Brute
2 G Brute
This sounds right. You can't afford a pair of these and a berserker to spawn-move-attack (that's 11 dice) but if some are already on the board, it makes for an amazing brawl team: 3*9 with rage and jump, and riled on the important guy. your goal should be to move these guys steadily inward and fill the map with chewy brawlers who then converge on the monster and shred. 2 pairs of these and 2 berserkers means 2 teams of one each.

1 E Mortar
1 G Mortar
I guess you need to fill out the list somehow. these guys will secure and blast anyone who comes near. You're never going to hit an opposing monster for the p-drain (well, you might get lucky if you put a grinder tank on the team; a def 7 monster against 3*4 with marker is about a 45%, def 6 is 70%, and def 5 is an 89% chance.)

1 G Oppressor
1 Glass Oppressor
The glass's speed 6 can matter a LOT when you need to tow something desperately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Apes

1 E Airborn Ape
2 G Airborn Ape
2 Command Ape
1 E Frontline Ape
2 G Frontline Ape
1 E Howitzer Ape
2 G Howitzer Ape
1 G Rocket Ape

1 Commander Haldar
he's pretty solid. include every character unit you can (or can proxy)

2 Stealth Ape

The apes list looks good (as good as apes by themselves can get). Though maybe just 2 grunt rocket apes to make it easier to spawn one and get explosion where you need it. the boost die isn't that important. Or wash one in acetone to turn it into a glass and get an extra b-die that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Planet Eaters (remember the pile that subterrans are? these guys are way worse)
1 E Belcher
2 G Belcher
No *2 on blast means these guys will be shooting only at units. It's sad.

1 E Chomper
2 G Chomper
these guys are fairly decent, as things go, because of the feeding frenzy.

1 Explodohawk
1 Shadow Explodohawk
Not terrible to run at a power base, I guess.

2 Explodomite
These guys are core. The best unit here. Make sure the chomper leads the attack so self-destruct doesn't trigger.

2 G Scorcher
Scorchers are awful, like most Pe units. Only useful for their trigger so not worth spending extra dice.

2 G Destructomite
1 E Destructomite
Pretty bad brawlers, but high speed and flank can be useful. (vice pinchers are strictly better; you'll have better forces if you didn't go faction-pure)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of the quantum monsters redeemed lackluster factions? I converted my consummately middle-of-the-road ultra Defender X to quantum, and am planning to give the same treatment to Xorog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Savage Swarm
1 E Cliff Hopper
2 G Cliff Hopper
more than this will never be on the field at the same time due to fragility

1 E Dire Ant
1 G Dire Ant

1 Warlord Rifa
counts as a dire ant for the elite ant's "coordinate" and you need a better brawler for the razor beetle. penetrate (and flank with a vice pincher) means he can brawl a g-tank at DEF 2 with 2*2. not bad.

2 G Razor Beetle
1 E Razor beetle
you lack good brawlers so might as well try to get some boost dice on this blitz.

2 Spy Fly
spotter and quick are nice; usually spotter isn't worth it but if you dont have to pay to move, suddenly it's cool.

1 G Vice Pincher
1 E Vice Pincher
speed and flank are good, especially since you need your razor beetles to hit.

2 Steelback Roach
Not a bad tech unit. The pathfinder isn't worth trying usually but the other red abilities are kind of cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Dolono wrote:
Have any of the quantum monsters redeemed lackluster factions? I converted my consummately middle-of-the-road ultra Defender X to quantum, and am planning to give the same treatment to Xorog.

Quantum zorog is a beast. Climb to where you need to be, summon a chomper who's hazardous now, brawl beat back your opponent for super damage (feeding frenzy) into the chomper (hazardous now) and a spire building for 5.

Quantum Deimos-9 is a speed demon with the longest blast range in the game.

Also, defender-x isn't bad by any means. The mega's boring and the glass earth kami removed the wow factor on his "safeguard" by giving it to everyone, but he's still pretty interesting as the only guard monster with beatback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jugglervr wrote:
Quantum zorog is a beast. Climb to where you need to be, summon a chomper who's hazardous now, brawl beat back your opponent for super damage (feeding frenzy) into the chomper (hazardous now) and a spire building for 5.

Yee haw!! Good thing PP pulled the plug on the game, just as they were starting to implement fixes to all the game's issues. /snark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
Uber Corp
1 G Carnitron
boy do these guys suck. only good for their trigger.

2 E Mecha Chomper
2 G Mecha Chomper
These guys are the best brawlers the faction has, and their red radar is cool, as well.

2 Mecha Task Master
red command is amazing for de-screening tricks. Include an interceptor to transport these out where you need them if you're feeling saucy.

1 E Robo Brontox
2 G Robo Brontox

1 E Robo Squix
1 G Robo Squix

1 S1 Robo Brontox (generally if there's a character unit for your faction, proxy it and stick it in somewhere)

2 UCI MRV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.