Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went looking on BD for the base set for Skulls and Shackles and came across the "Spires of Xin-shalast Adventure Deck" (Deck 6 from Rise of the Runelords) for £6.12.

Apparently released today according to their website.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Wine
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent price. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a cautionary comment. I pre-ordered this from them months ago. It's showing on their system as available and it's been with other reputable online retailers for a couple of weeks. However, I've not received my copy from BD yet.

I've contacted them and they said that no-one will get their copies until pre-orders have been settled. I noticed this thread and think it's somewhat rude to drop the price for new buyers whilst pre-orders are still outstanding...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice of them to forget to charge VAT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did preorder from BD, and mine is one the way, but has not arrived yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TJRandell wrote:
Just as a cautionary comment. I pre-ordered this from them months ago. It's showing on their system as available and it's been with other reputable online retailers for a couple of weeks. However, I've not received my copy from BD yet.

I've contacted them and they said that no-one will get their copies until pre-orders have been settled. I noticed this thread and think it's somewhat rude to drop the price for new buyers whilst pre-orders are still outstanding...

I've seen this numerous times on their site, I think I cancelled and reordered a product 2 or 3 times once as they kept dropping the price during the pre-order phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Acieeeeeeeed!
mbmbmbmbmb
askgar wrote:
TJRandell wrote:

I've seen this numerous times on their site, I think I cancelled and reordered a product 2 or 3 times once as they kept dropping the price during the pre-order phase.

I can't see a way to cancel my previous preorder which was £4.50 more and still hasn't shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TJRandell wrote:

Exactly my experience with this frustrating company so far, what's the point of pre-ordering when they pull a trick like halving the price to any old joe.
I'll be sharing a few words with them if my order ever arrives, no dispatch date given as yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:

I can't see a way to cancel my previous preorder which was £4.50 more and still hasn't shipped.

Send them an email and say 'I want to cancel the preorder'. Worked for me several times.

Edit: or use a client chat service if you want a quicker soultion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had my pre-order cancellation and refund processed... Just gotta wait for the cheap one to dispatch, although for that price I don't mind waiting a bit longer to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived from them yesterday after I pre-ordered in February but I paid £10.78 for mine.

Bit disappointing but still not a terrible price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamran Khan
United Kingdom
Bolton
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I cancelled my pre-order yesterday, ordered at the new price and have received a dispatch notification, should hopefully have it tomorrow.
Not impressed with BD they did the same thing with the 5th adventure pack too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ordered yesterday despatched today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
planetm wrote:

Send them an email and say 'I want to cancel the preorder'. Worked for me several times.

Edit: or use a client chat service if you want a quicker soultion

I used the chat before, had my refund very quickly.

Just had a message to say my cheap copy has been sent, happy times, now just to work through the other 5 adventure packs I haven't played yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, the new order has been dispatched the same day...

Not had this kind of bad service from them before, very disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TJRandell wrote:

My pre-order still not dispatched. Methinks they are taking the p*ss somewhat. Time to get cancelling...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Acieeeeeeeed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cancelled my previous order and reordered, saving £4.50!

Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out The Game Pit Podcast
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

How did you cancel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Acieeeeeeeed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Seany4 wrote:
planetm wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

How did you cancel?

I used the contact form on the website but others on this thread had a quicker response using the online chat function.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
planetm wrote:
Seany4 wrote:
planetm wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.

How did you cancel?

I used the contact form on the website but others on this thread had a quicker response using the online chat function.

Couldn't find the online chat function but all is well as I have had my refund and reordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cott
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this:
BookDepository wrote:
This available stock is being used to fulfil pre-orders in the order that they were placed. I can confirm that all pre-orders will be fulfilled before any new orders.

Despite that, cancelled and re-ordered. £4.50 is £4.50!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Book Depository is behaving very strangely with this.

I re-ordered at the cheaper price and asked to cancel my older pre-order. I got confirmation of this, and the dispatch notice for the new, cheaper order, within 24 hours.

Perhaps coincidence, but it suggests they had it in stock. If they did, why hadn't they dispatched my existing pre-order already?

I like their prices, but their practices confuse the hell out of me. I seem to recall from the thread about the original box set of the card game, they were seemingly picking the orders to fulfill out of a hat, with neither price nor order date being given preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Randell
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lumpy75 wrote:
I received this:
BookDepository wrote:
This available stock is being used to fulfil pre-orders in the order that they were placed. I can confirm that all pre-orders will be fulfilled before any new orders.

Despite that, cancelled and re-ordered. £4.50 is £4.50!

They said that to me too, but it's a blatant lie because new orders were being dispatched to other people here before my pre-order. It's one of those boilerplate replies that they send out to make people go away.

Terrible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Mason
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my refund but the price went back upto £10.07 (or at least that's what it shows for me, who knows with BD and how they price things?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Knowler
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, cheaper price has gone, but at least by cancelling my order yesterday and reordering last night it's actually been despatched today! I have no idea how they process their orders...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.