Subject: Can't Remember the name of the game, maze gameplay. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a kid I owned a game that I am having trouble finding the name for many years later. Since I am striking out searching Google, my hunch is the game is fairly rare, either that or my memory is completely flawed! I thought I would give the forums a try in identifying my mystery game in the hopes that I can then go track down a copy.

What I remember:

- The game "board" was a maze, designed for two players.
- The objective was to move all of your game-pieces (5 of them?) across the board before your opponent.
- The game board was made up of multiple sliding plastic panels, or bars, maybe an inch thick, that you would cross one at a time. The bars were red, white, or blue. I think the center bar was white. Rising up from the bar were the walls of the maze, maybe a half inch high.
- These plastic bars could slide left and right into one of (5?) positions, thereby changing the maze you are trying to navigate across.
- I think the gameplay basically allowed you, on your turn, to either move a piece forward, or slide a maze bar left or right in an effort to clear your own path or block your opponent. So the game played out a bit like a game of chess.

If anyone thinks they know of the game I am describing, I would love the help! Pictures may help if you think you own the game, I'm pretty sure I would recognize it.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shuttles? comes to mind. There is a red, white and blue version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to geeklist: Stump the Chumps@BGG!
which has other games for which identification help has been sought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
Shuttles? comes to mind. There is a red, white and blue version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! Robert and Herb this is definitely it. I recognized it immediately. Thanks SO much I'm also happy to see that my memory of the game is relatively accurate on some of the points!

Thanks Again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I just bought that game!

Pete (found it for $1 in a thrift store)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find Pete! On an impulse, I emailed my parents the picture and they actually found my old copy in the basement. Never thought it would have made it through the donations, garage sales, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.