Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogers
Mexico
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clear and concise pledge levels. When I have to scroll through five different pledge levels that all ask for the same amount of money but provide different rewards, I get nervous and confused. When each level is something like "the previous level, plus X," it's easy to know what I'm putting my money toward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
A good summary of what's actually finished, including prototyping to date and production prep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H G
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a dude
mbmbmbmbmb
Something they do not do, but I'd LOVE to see:
Track record. Many board game KS seem to be from people/companies who have done them before. Don't make me hunt through your past project updates. Include in the body of your new project "Here is our track record." And own it. "Promised Sept 2013, began shipping to backers Dec 2013 due to production delays in China."

My main hesitation when backing is trusting that my goods will be delivered. So adding testimonials from previous projects and being real what what was promised vs. what/when you delivered will put me at ease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Ra
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Why not?
badge
9-Tales
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that a lot of ks have shyed away from ks exclusives that seem to release an unfinished product unless you kickstarted it. So keep that up. Some sweeten the deal by giving component upgrades for the kickstarters like stonemeier games. Viticulture and euphoria.
But I think there has to be a balance.
I want to feel special about ks a project. If I ks a unknown project giving you my money and then every thing that was promised to me was given to the public after the game is finished leaves feeling used at least give me a sticker that says "you are one of the few that made our dreams come true"

Just my thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up on comments, questions and suggestions. If you don't care about your backers or backers-to-be now, I won't expect you to do so later either.

On the other hand, don't let your backers force you into inflating your project by piling on the stretch goals. You know what you can handle, stick to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.