Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Clark
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I am looking for some builds for rebel epic ships, i would like to spend 110pts to 120pts on the CR90 (i will take advise on more/less) and whatever cost for the transport. I only have one CR90 and one transport.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want to use both epic ships:

300 points
51 points
Han Solo
Gunner
34 points
Wedge Antilles
R2 Astromech, Opportunist
30 points
Jan Ors
Ion Cannon Turret
20 points
Lieutenant Blount
Ion Pulse Missiles
50 points
CR90 Corvette (Aft)
Quad Laser Cannons, Engineering Team
64 points
CR90 Corvette (Fore)
WED-15 Repair Droid, Single Turbolasers, Sensor Team
51 points
GR-75 Medium Transport
Bright Hope, Toryn Farr, Combat Retrofit

If just the CR90:

299 points
51 points
Han Solo
Gunner
34 points
Wedge Antilles
31 points
Jan Ors
Ion Cannon Turret, Nien Nunb
34 points
Wes Janson
20 points
Lieutenant Blount
Ion Pulse Missiles
50 points
CR90 Corvette (Aft)
Quad Laser Cannons, Engineering Team
64 points
CR90 Corvette (Fore)
WED-15 Repair Droid, Single Turbolasers, Sensor Team
15 points
Bandit Squadron Pilot
Ion Pulse Missiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used the CR90 twice now, so I am no expert, but:

Sensor team is fantastic. Without them, especially against high agility targets, you simply won't be doing much damage at range 4-5. With them, your boosted 5 dice main gun becomes very powerful.

Engineering team has been a must for me so far- spending energy to boost the main gun, shoot the secondary weapons, recharge shields... It drops fast. Tabanna gas might be a good replacement, but if you do more than three straight moves you get more out of the engineering team per point.

I've only flown it against Rebels so far, and my opponent hasn't ever closed to quad cannon range, so I have been using two turbolasers to hit hard at long range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stepakistanski
United States
Metro Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
I don't have a CR90, but I've got a GR75 that I've turned in to this awesome little command ship with actual punch. I made up this little campaign that centers around Imperial efforts to track and destroy this particular ship. It is a Rebel Espionage command ship essentially. So far a +30pt Handicapped Imperial squad has come close but short.

Here is my treasured little build. . .

GR75 [30]

+ Dutyfree [2], Title Card. When preforming a jam action, you may choose an enemy ship at Range 1-3 (instead of 1-2).

+ Combat Retrofit [10], Modification Card. Increase Hull by 2 and Shields by 1.

+ WED-15 Repair Droid [2], Personnel. Action; Spend 1E to discard 1 Facedown Dmg or spend 3E to discard 1 Faceup Dmg.

+ Toryn Farr [6], Personnel. Action; Spend any amt of E, choose that many enemy ships at Range 1-2. Remove all focus, evade and blue target locks.

+ Back Up Shield Gen [3], Cargo. At End of Each Round, spend 1E to recover 1S (upto Max S value).

+ Slicer Tools [7], Cargo. Action; Choose 1 or more enemy ships at Range 1-3 that have a stress token. For each ship chosen you may spend 1E to cause that ship to suffer 1Dmg.

+ Tibanna Gas Supplies [4], Cargo. Energy; You may discard to gain 3E.

Total 64pts.

With this combo, you get a very interesting ship to use in battle. The fact that Back up Shield Gens allow you to recover at the end of the round skip the need to ever use the GR75s Recover Action to get back shields, and the enhanced 5 Shields can make it a bit of a chore to begin wearing down your Hull at all anyways, in which case you've got your WED to patch up when you hopefully get some shield cover re-established.

You could skip the +1 Range to your Jam with DutyFree and choose a Title that gives you a few extra Max Energy and even Hull Defense help with Bright Hope to help with offense, but I counter it with the Tibanna Gas Supplies. The bonus 3E when you get too low on E to do what you want helps give you that umph right at the moment you need it.

So you jam up enemy squads, primarily a couple of unshielded TIEs, since you can pile +2 Stress on you can easily get at least two of them in your range with at least 1 Stress and at no Energy Cost, you preserve your energy to attack on your next Activation phase (which is early for you at a 3 skill level for the GR75!) with Slicer Tools card. Also, every TIE has to 180 at some point and grab itself some stress, flechettes torpedoes and some pilots add stress etc, so you can be jamming someone else or recouping durability or Coordinating or Toryn Farring or who knows what else. When you arm yourself with Slicer Tools though and get the 75 moving in to the thick of it, you can really find yourself amidst a lot of those little /!\s in a few Rounds to start dealing out clusters of damage.

This build has really opened this ship up for me though. It' so much fun to throw out as a KILL ME objective for Imps and a Guard Me for Rebs.

Overall, the Slicer Tool cards ability to deal damage in Activation Phase and to multiple ships, before most ships will be able to execute green maneuvers to destress, is pretty cool. Meeting the 1 Stress condition isn't too hard, especially given Jam usage, which also helps keeping yourself from getting Secondaried. Multiple Repair cards make Killing it a chore.

Though I'm sure the CR90 cracks in it as a warship. But it's fun in this little scenario application. CR90 is my next planned buy for this game, but I want to try and give it an Imperial looking paint scheme. Ambition may outweigh talent there though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weapons Engineer and Engineering Team is a combo I had never considered before.

Also, I quite enjoyed Raymus Antilles on the transport as part of a stress build. Just have to remember to use him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.