Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am selling a copy of "Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set" which is new in shrink and I'm including new, unopened copies of the Skinsaw Murder Deck and the Character Add-on Deck.

Is there some way to make that stand out in the marketplace from all the other copies of Pathfinder that don't include any expansions? Or should I just try to sell them separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Well, you could post in the general gaming forum that you have the game available--but if you're successful you might open the doors for everyone else to do the same thing when they want extra visibility for their sales. So proceed with caution if you decide to take that approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
The way to get the most visibility would be to offer it as an auction with a starting price for the bundle, and have geeklist items for each of the parts, so that they'd show up on the auction browse list, and then note that they are included in the bundle.

If you offer it as a set price in the Marketplace, I'm not aware of any way to link or highlight that an entry includes expansions directly, other than noting it in the description.

Marketplace listings may not be advertised in the forums. Geeklist auctions may have a thread in geekbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
The way to get the most visibility would be to offer it as an auction with a starting price for the bundle, and have geeklist items for each of the parts, so that they'd show up on the auction browse list, and then note that they are included in the bundle.
That may be the way to then... What do you think about recreating the marketplace in an auction geeklist, i.e. listing an item with a flat BIN price and no end date for the auction? I want the basic format of a marketplace sale rather than an auction but some way to highlight that this is a bundled item. Would that work, you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Auctions have a starting price, the lowest number that users may bid. Some have a separate soft reserve in addition to a starting bid, and some have a Buy-it-Now price, the number at which the bidding immediately ends. Auctions may not, however, use only BIN prices. Auctions are not for selling items at set prices. Items with a set price should be listed in the BGG Marketplace.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guide_to_Selling_Games_on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.