Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys,

I've played haunt number #4 (the web of destiny) and there the giant Spider that appears starts with Speed 0. This means that during the first turn this spider rolls no dice but, what about its movement?

According to the FAQ and the rulebook (page 17) you can always move at least 1 space (monsters included) so in this first turn although no dice for movement rolling, can the spider move 1 space?

My opinion is that it can move because the spider is capable of moving although this first turn its speed is 0. What do you think? The resume of the turns would be as follows:

Turn 1 - Speed 0 - Move at least 1 space (correct??)

Turn 2 - Speed 1 - Roll 1 die - Result: Move 1 or 2 spaces (note that if a blank die is rolled it can still move this one space)

Turn 3 - Speed 2 - Roll 2 dice - Result: Move 1, 2, 3 or 4 spaces

And so on...

In short, with speed 0 can it be moved 1 space?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edgar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember reading in the rules that explorers can move at least one space, for example, a player with 2 Speed can move out of a space with, say, 3 monsters inside, essentially saying that in that space, that player would have "-1 Speed" but still able to move.

I'd think that this blanket rule would apply to monsters too, even with "Speed 0".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.