3 Posts

Greed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you pay with development tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wesley baron

Arizona
msg tools
So lots of unanswered questions from the rulebook, but the most pressing is this: can you pay in development markers?

This is when the issue came up:

1) I had $15,000 dollars and I played Chinatown. My opponent played Bobby "Curduroy" Brown. Chinatown is lower, so I played mine first. It cost $10,000. I was left with $5,000 and I put two development markers on Chinatown (or maybe more if I had other wrenches or bottles)
2) Bobby "Curduroy" Brown goes into effect and everyone has to lose $10,000. I have $5,000 in cash and at least two development markers.

What happens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wesley baron

Arizona
msg tools
Another example:

I have three buildings out, each with development markers. I play Chinatown, which costs $10,000, but I have no cash. Can I just give up a development marker or do I discard Chinatown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E S
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The development markers don't count as cash.

You can think of them as investments in a business and not liquid. So money invested in them would be "safe" from Mr. Brown. In your example, you'd just lose your $5000 cash money.

However, there are other cards that can make you lose development markers, so you aren't always safe.

In your second example, you couldn't buy Chinatown if the only Cost is $10,000 and you have no cash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.