United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just started using BGG auctions and I'm curious what happened here. An auction just ended that I had set a max bid on. I was never notified of being outbid.

But it's was won by someone else. Their bid was lower than my max bid. Can the auction be ended early or something? The other auctions I've bid on, it would rebid for me above the previous bidder if it still hadn't reached my max.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:
Just started using BGG auctions and I'm curious what happened here. An auction just ended that I had set a max bid on. I was never notified of being outbid.

But it's was won by someone else. Their bid was lower than my max bid. Can the auction be ended early or something? The other auctions I've bid on, it would rebid for me above the previous bidder if it still hadn't reached my max.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Probably a bit of both. Not sure of exactly the scenario, but I'm assuming that you bid on an "auction" geeklist. It is all done manually. There is no automatic bid tracking like on eBay.

Aldie (Scott) has said many times that redoing the marketplace is high on the priorities for BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not a geeklist, but the actual BGG auctions where the bidding IS automatic and you just enter a max bid. The other 5 or so auctions have re-bid for me if someone bids over the current but under my max. Then this last time it just ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He's talking about this:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekauction.php3

Which isn't used a whole lot anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ha! Apparently there was also a buy-it-now button which was used (and less than my max bid). New enough to the system to miss this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.