Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have thought about these, but never had it happen, but someday they might:

Situation 1:
You have a depleted ground unit being transported by sea by a full strength naval unit. You get attacked.

The opponent plays the air strike chit and you fail your cohesion roll. The naval unit is depleted. The ground unit must also be depleted, but since he is already depleted, he receives a DG marker. That means he must immediately retreat. How does he do this?

1) He retreats 1 sea area toward the nearest port (his maximum range.) That would then violate the rule that says a ground unit can only move into a sea area if it is transported.

2) He receives a DG marker but does not retreat unless an accompanying naval unit in this stack is also disorganized, in which case, they BOTH then retreat? If the naval unit never receives a DG marker then he continues on with the naval unit as a depleted and disorganized ground unit.

3) He's eliminated.

Based strictly on the rules, I think it's 3, because it says a ground unit is only eliminated when he is forced to retreat and is unable to.

Situation 2:
I have built all 3 of my airbases. I then capture an enemy air base. What do I do?

1) Remove it?

2) I have the option to keep it and remove a different air base?

I think it's 1 because the counter mix is absolute.

Situation 3:
If you move a depleted ground unit by land, does it receive a DG marker? Since it is not combat, I assume it would not retreat if it did.

I don't think it does because that is only under the combat rules that it says that a depleted unit that receives a depleted result in combat is disorganized.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

Situation 1:
You have a depleted ground unit being transported by sea by a full strength naval infantry. You get attacked.

The opponent plays the air strike chit and you fail your cohesion roll. The naval unit is depleted. The ground unit must also be depleted, but since he is already depleted, he receives a DG marker. That means he must immediately retreat. How does he do this?

1) He retreats 1 sea area toward the nearest port (his maximum range.) That would then violate the rule that says a ground unit can only move into a sea area if it is transported.

2) He receives a DG marker but does not retreat unless an accompanying naval unit in this stack is also disorganized, in which case, they BOTH then retreat? If the naval unit never receives a DG marker then he continues on with the naval unit as a depleted and disorganized ground unit.

3) He's eliminated.

Based strictly on the rules, I think it's 3, because it says a ground unit is only eliminated when he is forced to retreat and is unable to.

Good point Judd. As Series Rules 7.4. doesn´t tells to what happens to a land unit once it gets disorganized during a naval battle I have to state it here: it remains with the naval units in the battle; it can retreat along any naval unit that retreat (in that combat round or other) or it can stay. Of course if the last naval unit is destroyed ALL remaining transported land units and RP will be destroyed. Land units suffer only "colateral damage" during naval combat, so normal combat rules don´t apply to them in naval combat. That´s what 7.4. wants to mean: exceptions to normal combat effect on units.

I hope I clarify enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

Situation 2:
I have built all 3 of my airbases. I then capture an enemy air base. What do I do?

1) Remove it?

2) I have the option to keep it and remove a different air base?

I think it's 1 because the counter mix is absolute.

It is not contemplated in the rules as is very rare but you are right. Remove it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:

Situation 3:
If you move a depleted ground unit by land, does it receive a DG marker? Since it is not combat, I assume it would not retreat if it did.

I don't think it does because that is only under the combat rules that it says that a depleted unit that receives a depleted result in combat is disorganized.

Thanks

A depleted land unit moving by land gets DG but doesn´t retreat. Realize a unit can get DG "moving into combat", so the unit will begin the battle DG, but only will retreat when it receives another DG result.

Series Rule 9.6.2. -under Combat paragraph- states: "Units can either become both Disorganized and Depleted during the course of the game". So those effects are mainly suffered as combat results, but not exclusively. So any unit that is Depleted, by any cause, that is again Depleted, by any cause, get DG.

Best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Who's the master?
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers.

I am creating a series of Vassal logs that teaches new players how to play the Campaign Commander series. Some people like seeing a game demonstrated before reading the instructions.

I was thinking about these question because they might pop up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.