United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure the answer is obvious, but here goes the question:

Who can close the location?

Lem and Harsk are at a location.

Lem searches location and finds the Ancient Skeleton.

So Lem and Harsk must EACH battle an Ancient Skeleton.

So,

Lem and Harsk wins (Can either, both, or ONLY Lem attempt to Close Location?)

Lem wins/Harsk loses (Can Lem attempt to Close Location? Even thought Harsk did not. Assumedly Lem cannot.)

Lem loses/Harsk loses (Can Harsk attempt to Close Location? Assumedly Lem cannot.)

Both lose (Neither can attempt to close location)

And to reiterate, even if any of them lose or both of them lose, the Ancient Skeletons go away and one just has to empty the deck if the location is NOT closed.

Looking forward to the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Edwards
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harsk's fight is irrelevant. Lem can close the location, and only if Lem defeats his Ancient Skeleton.

Harsk's Ancient Skeleton is considered a summoned encounter, and summoned creatures never allow you to close the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raynovich wrote:
And to reiterate, even if any of them lose or both of them lose, the Ancient Skeletons go away and one just has to empty the deck if the location is NOT closed.

If Harsk loses, his Ancient Skeleton (a summoned monster) is returned to the box (see the Henchmen rules on page 17 of the rulebook). If Lem loses, his Ancient Skeleton is shuffled back into the location per normal undefeated rules (see page 12 of the rulebook).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it is right there, got it. . . .

It can be hard to keep the game going and play correctly with all of the rules. . . And keep the game fun for all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raynovich wrote:
Yeah, it is right there, got it. . . .

It can be hard to keep the game going and play correctly with all of the rules. . . And keep the game fun for all.

That's why Board Game Geek and people with no lives (like me) exist. We're here to help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Even if I think I got everything correctly, I've made it a habit to check boardgamegeek after my first time playing a new game. The questions that other people asked and answered usually lead me to realize the things I got wrong that I wouldn't even have thought of, and it also helps reinforce the rules I got right.

This summoned monster thing is a really common rules question, and it is very unclear in the original printed version of the rules, so no worries there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.