Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - my Ion Token has gone missing Ok it's not the end of the world, but anyone know how to get hold of a replacement?

thanks

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Hi everyone - my Ion Token has gone missing Ok it's not the end of the world, but anyone know how to get hold of a replacement?

thanks

frank

The usual reply:

Get in touch with FFG's customer support. They are awesome about replacing broken or missing components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris - I checked their site, they only replace missing or damaged printing from the box. Mine has just gone missing during play Will they go for that?

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact FFG, they're really good at replacing missing components.

Honestly though, I wouldn't sweat it. I have soooo many extra components of just about everything, that if one or two go missing, I don't notice it. For example, Ion tokens come with Y-Wings, Z-95 Headhunters (2 of them), B-Wings, HWK-290, Lambda Shuttle (4 of them), Millennium Falcon, Slave-1 (2 of them), Tantive IV (12 of them), TIE Defender (2 of them), Transport (6 of them). At some point, you're going to end up with WAY more Ion tokens than you could ever possibly use...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:
Hey Chris - I checked their site, they only replace missing or damaged printing from the box. Mine has just gone missing during play Will they go for that?

frank

More often than not, they'll even replace components gone missing during play (or even damaged, from like a dog). They just say that their official stance is only missing during production, just in case they should say No (like if you said you lost the whole figure). Most of the time, they'll replace it anyways. I mean, they tend to have a lot of left over components from other boards they had to use to replace things with, so it's little skin of their back to keep customers happy.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankBradshaw wrote:

frank

My personal experience is that I have never had a request denied and I have had a few with them and their german partner over the years. So go for it.

Worst possible outcome: You wasted 10 minutes on an email and get a "No."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

More often than not, they'll even replace components gone missing during play (or even damaged, from like a dog). They just say that their official stance is only missing during production, just in case they should say No (like if you said you lost the whole figure). Most of the time, they'll replace it anyways. I mean, they tend to have a lot of left over components from other boards they had to use to replace things with, so it's little skin of their back to keep customers happy.

-shnar

Cool - I've emailed customer service - I'm a completionist just in case I ever try to sell the game; don't want the new owner to be a bit short.

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Guy
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got loads.PM me your address and i will send you a couple. Is it just the token itself you need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valianttimdjango wrote:
I've got loads.PM me your address and i will send you a couple. Is it just the token itself you need?

Really?? Yeah it's just the token - I only have a Y wing that has the ion weapon - the card is fine. That would be very generous of you; I don't mind waiting for a go/no go reply from FF but if you're happy that would be ace. You'd not miss them?

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of us have so many we just don't care. If you got just one ship of all the ones that come with these tokens, you'd have 32 tokens. Most of us have multiples of those ships (I personally have 73 tokens), and then there are the official acrylic version (I have 5 of those), and 3rd party acrylic versions, etc. At some point in this game, you end up with so many side tokens you just stop caring...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh lol ah...I haven't really got into the game that much. Ok Bryan I'll PM you my address cheers

frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
If it wasn't for shipping across the pond, I would send you enough to swim in. WAY TOO MANY.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valianttimdjango wrote:

Fantastic Bryan! Many thanks - stuff of gaming legends; helping out a fellow gamer in trouble

Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Guy
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time! Glad to help.
As
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mentioned above,after a while you accumulate so many tokens it's actually a relief to be able to unload some!
Because,of course,gamers can never,ever throw anything away!
Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.