Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, a version of this game was shown at Gen Con last year and didn't really take off. Was this an early version that wasn't ready for release? Or did they tweak the game rules? I remember reading some initial feedback that boiled down to "meh." I thought that maybe they were pushing it for "The Year of Shadowrun" and found the demand wasn't there.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

To be honest, I got to play it at GenCon 2013 and don't recall there being any differences between that demo and the current version we saw on the Dice Tower. I know they tweaked some of the card layout based on feedback (some icon changes, size of icons.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it didn't take off because it wasn't published. It was a pre-production demo version intended for playtest, which resulted in changes that you will see in the final product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played the demo at GenCon last year, and if there was anything hindering it it was the limited scope of the game. It provided a very basic gameplay demo, but not much else. For example, the available runner cards didn't include too much beyond the very basics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it was an early pre-release demo. I don't think you could say too much about the "buzz" about it then, but I suspect that will change in a big way (good or bad) with this upcoming Gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Senn
United States
Fort Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if only pathfinder waited another year to release itself after receiving some feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.