Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Archipelago» Forums » General

Subject: cards in sleeves, in the box... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the rulebook says to place the evolution cards in the box when playing; will they fit sleeved? and are there any other cards that, once sleeved, won't fit where they need to go? thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think they will fit when sleeved...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They really don't fit in the box. I use FFG sleeves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Stevenson
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I sleeve all my evolution cards using the FFG sleeves that you get in the "blue" pack (search fantasy flight sleeves on amazon, look for picture of pack with a blue label).

The sleeved cards will not fit inside the main box the way they are meant to, but you can put them in one of the other compartments and store everything inside fairly easily, just not the way it is meant to be stored.

But sleeved cards do fit inside the expansion box for War & Peace. This is a more convenient way to store them anyway, since the box is small and easy to move around. The only downside is that if you store both the main game cards and all the expansion cards in this box, and they are all sleeved, the cards will "over-flow" slightly as the box is just not quite tall enough to fit those last 3-5 cards.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
warfinger wrote:
The only downside is that if you store both the main game cards and all the expansion cards in this box, and they are all sleeved, the cards will "over-flow" slightly as the box is just not quite tall enough to fit those last 3-5 cards.


Once you start playing and put out your starting cards, does that level things off?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tim_p wrote:
warfinger wrote:
The only downside is that if you store both the main game cards and all the expansion cards in this box, and they are all sleeved, the cards will "over-flow" slightly as the box is just not quite tall enough to fit those last 3-5 cards.


Once you start playing and put out your starting cards, does that level things off?


Yes...

A box an extra cm taller (or better yet a lid!) would have been nice, but it's very workable as is.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion "War and Peace" adding evolutions and characters cards includes a plastic tray that can contain all sleeved cards (base + expansion)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
perekastor wrote:
The expansion "War and Peace" adding evolutions and characters cards includes a plastic tray that can contain all sleeved cards (base + expansion)


Yes, but they don't quite all fit once they are sleeved - this is the topic...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
perekastor wrote:
The expansion "War and Peace" adding evolutions and characters cards includes a plastic tray that can contain all sleeved cards (base + expansion)


Yes, but they don't quite all fit once they are sleeved - this is the topic...

Yes they don't fit in the base box once sleeved. I used Mayday standard sleeves and they all fit in the insert tray provided by the expansion box "War and Peace".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
perekastor wrote:
Kelanen wrote:
perekastor wrote:
The expansion "War and Peace" adding evolutions and characters cards includes a plastic tray that can contain all sleeved cards (base + expansion)


Yes, but they don't quite all fit once they are sleeved - this is the topic...

Yes they don't fit in the base box once sleeved. I used Mayday standard sleeves and they all fit in the insert tray provided by the expansion box "War and Peace".


I have Ultra Pro sleeves, and they don't all fit in the expansion box. Almost, but not quite.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Enoch
United States
Vadnais Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I fit everything sleeved (w/ FFG sleeves) in the main box. The square cards are in the bottom left at an angle (looks like a diamond from above). The regular cards are in the middle slot. I put all the player bits in bags and they're in the top right hole and on top of the cards. No issues at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.