Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does spreading sickness work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand what it sais on the card.But i am a little confused about the order of things etc.So i draw the card in the mythos phase. It is left by the ancient one faceup and then a rumor token is placed on place 17. Then nothing happends until a new card is drawn that sais the card will activate and then you place 1 health token on the card and every investigater lose as many health as there are tokens on the card.An investigator can collect 2 cluetokens and pay as many as there are investigators to solve the rumor. Am i right?
/Zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will generally get a quicker and more comprehensive answer if you include the full text of the card in question. I'm personally too lazy to go dig it out of my game. Others may be less lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
You will generally get a quicker and more comprehensive answer if you include the full text of the card in question. I'm personally too lazy to go dig it out of my game in order to be able to answer. Others may be less lazy.

ow, well in meantime i will play as i believed was right. Im just not sure it is. My experience on the boards is that someone usually knows the cards pretty well and give me a quick answer. So far that has been the case anyhow hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the bit about collecting 2 clues. From what I remember, the rumor does not give the investigators any opportunity to collect clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zolamnus wrote:
I understand what it sais on the card.But i am a little confused about the order of things etc.So i draw the card in the mythos phase. It is left by the ancient one faceup and then a rumor token is placed on place 17. Then nothing happends until a new card is drawn that sais the card will activate and then you place 1 health token on the card and every investigater lose as many health as there are tokens on the card.An investigator can collect 2 cluetokens and pay as many as there are investigators to solve the rumor. Am i right?
/Zol.

Looking at the card, you are right in the way that the card accumulates health tokens.

The rumour is solved by an investigator on space 17 spending clues equal to the number of investigators as an encounter. The number of clues needed is reduced according to the number of health tokens on the card. So if there are 4 players, then 4 clues must be spent if there are no tokens on the card, 3 clues if there is 1 token, 2 clues if there are 2 tokens and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
zolamnus wrote:
/Zol.

Looking at the card, you are right in the way that the card accumulates health tokens.

The rumour is solved by an investigator on space 17 spending clues equal to the number of investigators as an encounter. The number of clues needed is reduced according to the number of health tokens on the card. So if there are 4 players, then 4 clues must be spent if there are no tokens on the card, 3 clues if there is 1 token, 2 clues if there are 2 tokens and so on.

ah ok i think i understand that then. What i meant by collecting clues was what you said about the clues and number of investigators.
Im playing with 2 investigators hence the "collecting" of two

Thanks a lot for the quick answers!
Zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Chan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
DaveD wrote:
zolamnus wrote:
/Zol.

Digging up the old post. I'm still a bit confuse here. What if the Rumor has accumulate 2 health tokens on it in a 2 players game? (only 2 investigators). The card stated that spending 1 less token for every health token on the mythos rumor card. Does that mean the rumor will solved automatically AFTER inflicted 2 damage to all investigator?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milkies27 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
zolamnus wrote:
/Zol.

Digging up the old post. I'm still a bit confuse here. What if the Rumor has accumulate 2 health tokens on it in a 2 players game? (only 2 investigators). The card stated that spending 1 less token for every health token on the mythos rumor card. Does that mean the rumor will solved automatically AFTER inflicted 2 damage to all investigator?

Thanks.

No you still have to send an investigator to space 17 to solve the rumor, even if you do not have to spend any clues once on space 17.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Chan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
If I leave it unresolved, does the number of health token on the rumor card will go beyond 2 in the subsequent rounds?
Oh boy, this card will hit hard if it does.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milkies27 wrote:
If I leave it unresolved, does the number of health token on the rumor card will go beyond 2 in the subsequent rounds?

Yes, it will.

Quote:
Oh boy, this card will hit hard if it does.

Just picture the panic when it's the first mythos card drawn in an eight-player game, and nobody has many clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.