Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just confirming my understanding of the rules, based on some stuff that came up in our first game.

If someone casts Seeking Dispel on my face-down Decoy enchantment, then the Decoy is destroyed but because it was never revealed, it's game text of "When Destroyed, gain 2 mana" doesn't apply, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decoy is a special case. It was meant to work regardless of how it's destroyed. So, if someone seeking dispels your decoy, you still get the mana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You rules reading is correct, but Seeking Dispel has special errata/FAQ to make it work that way.

Cropcircles wrote:
Decoy is a special case. It was meant to work regardless of how it's destroyed. So, if someone seeking dispels your decoy, you still get the mana.

Unless it hits a Nullify...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But Nullify counters the spell which stops it from resolving. Where Seeking Dispel destroys it once it's resolved and come into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*nods* I understand why (and agree with the ruling), I was just clarifying that your absolute wasn't quite as absolute, particularly to a new player with a shaky grasp of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, got it. Thanks, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call Kelanen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.