Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I use bgg to track my collection, and something I would find very useful would be an indicator column to either use as I please or be a toggle for sleeved/un-sleeved.

I like to sleeve my games but because I am sometimes playing with a friends copy of a game I forget if my copy is sleeved or not.

It would be really nice to sort my collection by sleeved or not so the next time I buy sleeves I have a target w/o having to open the box and look. Helpful if I am at the gaming store I purchase sleeves at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
/ Admin off.

I second this. I would use this field as well.

/ Admin on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love this feature. Great idea!

I've tried keeping a list on my computer, but it never seems to get updated.

It would be so much easier to keep track of with an integrated part of BGG.

My information on BGG seems to stay more up to date in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
It would be really nice to sort my collection by sleeved or not so the next time I buy sleeves ...
Tags don't sort but they can filter/select. I see in your profile that you have not explored them yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TVis wrote:
oddtime wrote:
It would be really nice to sort my collection by sleeved or not so the next time I buy sleeves ...
Tags don't sort but they can filter/select. I see in your profile that you have not explored them yet.

I read through the tag wiki and I'm not following you on how useful they are for this purpose. From what I gather when I tag something it is common knowledge, so if I tag the games I sleeved with "sleeved" then everyone else would see the "sleeved" tag also. Status would be different for all end users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
TVis wrote:
oddtime wrote:

I read through the tag wiki and I'm not following you on how useful they are for this purpose. From what I gather when I tag something it is common knowledge, so if I tag the games I sleeved with "sleeved" then everyone else would see the "sleeved" tag also. Status would be different for all end users.
Ooops, I'm not following part of what you now say, either.

I see you have tagged this thread. Similarly you can tag individual games in your collection. Yes, it will be visible to everyone that you have done so. I can view your collection, so why would your concept of Status be different with regard to visibility?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
oddtime wrote:
TVis wrote:
oddtime wrote:

Ooops, I'm not following part of what you now say, either.

I see you have tagged this thread. Similarly you can tag individual games in your collection. Yes, it will be visible to everyone that you have done so. I can view your collection, so why would your concept of Status be different with regard to visibility?

What I decided to use "sleeved" for my games? And I have a different set of games sleeved?

Personal tags (which don't exist) would work, though. As, I suppose, a convention of tagging games with

username_sleeved

but that's ugly.

Edit: ignorant, outdated and uninformed reply struck out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaysachs wrote:
Personal tags (which don't exist) would work, though.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/tag/sleeved/user/oddtime
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/tag/sleeved/user/jaysachs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Example: I went to the game pages for 3 of my games and tagged them. See the result here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/sleeved/user/TVis

If I hadn't given you the link you could still find them by going to the Contributions tab in my Profile. Click on the Tags count near the bottom of the column on the right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:

Oh cool. Ignorance cured. Post edited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Example: I went to the game pages for 3 of my games and tagged them. See the result here.

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/sleeved/user/TVis

If I hadn't given you the link you could still find them by going to the Contributions tab in my Profile. Click on the Tags count near the bottom of the column on the right.

OK, I get it now. A little clunkier that I wanted, but I can work with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wishlist Comments provide another workaround. They have their own drawbacks, but you can combine your search with other collection filters. Another benefit is that Wishlists are personal rather than communal. In contrast, one might conceivably search tags for "sleeved" for card info or photos.

Filter by #sleeved

The trouble with the proposal to add a column is that it will be present for all games, including those without cards. Dice sleeves? Pawn condoms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
A little clunkier that I wanted ...
No dispute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on adding this with the Wishlist comment. I would really love to have this added to the personal data for games to better hold the information.

I am finding I need some four values:

#Sleeved - The cards present are sleeved
#NotSleeved - There are cards, but I have decided not to sleeve it.
#NoCards - There are no cards in the game to sleeve
#NeedToSleeve - These are next on my list to sleeve, or I need sleeves of better size.

So if it is added to the collection as a clickable item in the personal info, it would be nice to have all those states.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Solamar wrote:
So if it is added to the collection as a clickable item in the personal info, it would be nice to have all those states.

You have more pull around here than I ever will, so please consider lobbying for something more open-ended like adding one's own tags to collection filtering and advanced searches. This could support a variety of practices, including clipping counters, painting miniatures, customizing pieces, etc. Tag integration could be put to immediate use on other -Geek domains, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B.
Canada
flag msg tools
Look down.
badge
Ooooo! Ahhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting thread. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep track of what is sleeved and also what sleeves were used (size, make, premium/standard). I just type the info in the 'Private info' comments section and include that column in my collection view. Sleeve type is useful for identifying replacement sleeve and some games use more than one type/size of sleeve (for different decks). Some games have some decks sleeved and some not. So just 'sleeved/unsleeeved' would be too limited for what I'd like to track (though still of some use I guess).

Solamar wrote:
I am working on adding this with the Wishlist comment. I would really love to have this added to the personal data for games to better hold the information.

I am finding I need some four values:

#Sleeved - The cards present are sleeved
#NotSleeved - There are cards, but I have decided not to sleeve it.
#NoCards - There are no cards in the game to sleeve
#NeedToSleeve - These are next on my list to sleeve, or I need sleeves of better size.

I think the number of cards present, if any (#no sleeves), in a game and the size(s) of the cards should be properties of the game (or version). Not something each user has to fill in.

Sleeves are kind of a custom enhancement/pimping of your game. Perhaps the most common type but there are other common ones so I agree with the sentiment that it would be nice to think of something flexible that supports other things besides sleeving. Models Painted? Cheatsheets made? Laminated boards? Tuckboxes done? IDKWDYWTP card created? Custom bits? Etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.