Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, everyone. I'm considering getting out of Descent, but I don't want to do it for too low of a price. I've sunk a good amount of money into it and I only want to quit if I can get decent value for my set. Otherwise, I'll just try harder to find consistent players.

My set consists of the base game, Lair of the Wyrm, The Trollfens, Shadow of Nerekhall, and the Labyrinth of Ruin expansions. In addition, I also have three Lieutenant packs (Ariad, Rylan Olliven, and Valyndra) as well as an extra set of dice.

What do you think would be a fair value to sell this set as a lot? I have a number in mind that I'd definitely sell at, but I don't want to say it in case it undervalues what my set is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Markham
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may have an easier time selling it off in pieces. I for example, might be interested in some of those items if their condition was good, but few people are willing to make such a massive investment in the game (buy that many items at once) if they themselves don't have the base game.

If the condition is good on all of it, probably just between 30% and 40% discount off MSRP. Right? Outta be a bite somewhere in that range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludus Rex wrote:
You may have an easier time selling it off in pieces. I for example, might be interested in some of those items if their condition was good, but few people are willing to make such a massive investment in the game (buy that many items at once) if they themselves don't have the base game.

If the condition is good on all of it, probably just between 30% and 40% discount off MSRP. Right? Outta be a bite somewhere in that range.

That's a good point. I think I'll list it all piecemeal and just offer combined shipping if people want to buy it as a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
These have been going on online auction sites for as much as 80-90% retail. I wouldn't settle for less, if its in good shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that many online retailers already give a nice discount over MSRP. I'd think you'd at least need to get 10-15% over coolstuffinc.com as items are opened/used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unclechawie wrote:
Keep in mind that many online retailers already give a nice discount over MSRP. I'd think you'd at least need to get 10-15% over coolstuffinc.com as items are opened/used.

I did keep that in mind. I currently have the prices set to 70% of what I paid at CoolStuff on eBay and I'd say that's the lowest I'll accept. I keep getting offers like $22 for Labyrinth of Ruin and I feel like that's not worth it since it's only 55% of what I paid for a punched but unused game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.