Popular Tags: interesting [+] [View All]
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Past Into Print has published After Pablo as a PnP game. They have supplied new art in some cases. I'm excited by this release, while I'd like to one day perhaps reprint this I think the PnP model is sort of better. I can't quite explain it but building games is fun, and if you get bit by the bug of making your own games it can bring a greater dimension to this already wonderful hobby! Thanks Past Into Printing!!

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/131829/After-Pablo-Print...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered my copy. Thanks so much for making this available to the community, Nate. I look forward to the project of assembling the game - and even more to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate what are the differences between the original deck of cards and the new ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank Brother Jim! This is really Past Into Print's project. I have very little to do with it. I thought it was great that someone wanted to publish a game this way. It was always hard for me to re-locate files to PnP creators, Past Into Print does this, and even added a couple files so you don't have to buy cubes.

Anthony: all of the cards are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no difference, as they were created from the original master files that Nate used during the original print run. Apart from a few promo cards for Cave Evil that weren't included (sorry, Nate), all the cards are exactly the same.

Using Drivethrucards to print the deck will save someone 122 paste-ups for the cards necessary to play the game, so we decided to add that option to gamers that wanted to play the game, but with 80% less work. We tested several print to order companies and DriveThruCards was the best solution for buyers, as everything was available in a one-stop and shop location. The cards look really nice, good quality, and standard Euro sized for easy sleeving.

Thanks for the question and enjoy.

I want to thank Nate for being a great partner in this venture to bring After Pablo back to the market.

drmabuse00 wrote:
Nate what are the differences between the original deck of cards and the new ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason (sans nation)
Germany
Holzhausen
March
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

As someone who has become a big fan of Nate's work, I'm very keen to get hold of this. That said, I'm a complete novice when it comes to print and play stuff. I'd like to buy this, and have the cards professionally done, as is an option on the site - but I'm wondering how to go about getting the board made up.

I'm assuming that everything is just in the PDF, but I was wondering if you have to resize stuff or if you just hit "print" and the thing rolls out at the correct size. Basically, I've found a printing service in my hometown who mount images on boards if you send them the file - which sounds perfect, and I'd want to make a good job of this - but will they need to be fudging around to get the boards the official sizes? Do I just need to tell them the dimensions they should be printed to? (If so, what sizes do I need to tell them?)

All help appreciated here, and I apologise for what probably reads as fairly obvious stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meinster
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
repairmanjack wrote:
Hi folks,

As someone who has become a big fan of Nate's work, I'm very keen to get hold of this. That said, I'm a complete novice when it comes to print and play stuff. I'd like to buy this, and have the cards professionally done, as is an option on the site - but I'm wondering how to go about getting the board made up.

I'm assuming that everything is just in the PDF, but I was wondering if you have to resize stuff or if you just hit "print" and the thing rolls out at the correct size. Basically, I've found a printing service in my hometown who mount images on boards if you send them the file - which sounds perfect, and I'd want to make a good job of this - but will they need to be fudging around to get the boards the official sizes? Do I just need to tell them the dimensions they should be printed to? (If so, what sizes do I need to tell them?)

All help appreciated here, and I apologise for what probably reads as fairly obvious stuff.

See my comments in this Questions about building a PnP copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.