Subject: The bare minimum set. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I am on a trip and I want to bring Dungeon Dice, but because I pack light, every extra space is valuable. What are the dice that I will have to bring with me to have a decent game of Dungeon Dice for, let's say, two people? How about for 3 people?

I think I MUST bring the following (for 2 people): 5 monster level dice, 2 XP tracking dice (pen and paper can replace those), 6 hero level dice, 5 spell dice, two of each one-use from the base game. Then I am not sure what monsters, equipments, and artifacts to bring.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you leave out mats and instructions, the game gets pretty small. But if you really want to pare it down, you can always leave out the mini-expansions (Familiars, Potions, KS-Exclusives, and Monster Pack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from unneeded hero level dice, playmats, and instructions, I wouldn't cut below what's in the base game. You're going to lose much of the variety that makes the game fun and it would be easy to mess up the balance. A lot of the apparent volume of the game is just dead air taken up the various bags. If you remove the mats and instructions, I'll bet you can squash everything else down pretty tight. You could also leave the big bag at home, which would let you split up the little bags and tuck them into smaller spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not even think of bringing the mat and instruction :-). I like the idea to leave the big bag home. I think I can also put the artifacts and one-uses together in one bag. The difference in size should be enough for people to pick the right type, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is removing a single bag really going to make a difference? The size and weight of a single dice bag is minimal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Gard
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Is removing a single bag really going to make a difference? The size and weight of a single dice bag is minimal.

You are right! It was the crazy person in me talking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the idea to just cut it down the base game to avoid balance issues.

You might actually be able to fit all of the dice bags into a single dice bag (spread the dice into a thin layer at the very bottom of the bag, roll it tightly up, maybe fold it, and stuff them all into the green bag with the generic dice, for instance).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.