5 Posts

Revolver» Forums » Rules

Subject: Let's shoot our way outta here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge eMenthal
msg tools
mb
Please, how do you play a card called Let's shoot our way outta here?
I am used to play it as firepower card (i put it on the desk) and then i decide whether to discard one card to be able to remove one blocking card or not.

But after having a look to game rules, i am not sure i play it well. There is explicitly written that i can play it as a firepower card OR i can play it as an action card so i can discard one more card to be able to remove one blocking card.

Please, what is the correct playing this card? Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 2 options:

1) play as a firepower card

OR

2) play as an one-shot to remove a blocking card

Can't get both benefits from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge eMenthal
msg tools
mb
Is this really author´s intention?
There are many cards with firepower of 1, also there is a sufficient amount of row-block discarding cards.
So "Let's shoot our way outta here" is quite weak card.
The expression "Let's shoot our way outta here" evokes in me something agressive, strong. So i like it to play it as a firepower card, and also to remove one row-blocking card if i discard another one card. These steps also better fits the symbol (poker token = put it on the desk) and text on the card (you may discard one card to remove row-blocking card).

Mark, please tell, is there an intention to play it as game rules say, or as what the card text says?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think there are a lot more row-blocking cards than block-removers.

EDIT: If I looked at the card counts correctly, there are twice as many row-blockers are block-removers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rauli is correct. You can't have it both ways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.